ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Running Rough *HELP*

I dont know whats wrong with my car, All of a sudden its tick over has gone slower than usual and sometimes when i pull up to a junction or something, it cuts out. The only possible cause can be that i steam cleaned the engine last week, but its been ok for a week after this.

Has any one had a problem like this, or know what I should look at first??

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

First port of call for me would be either the ISCV, (idle speed control valve), or the lambda sensor. Take the air filter off and give the ISCV a clean with some carb cleaner, see if that makes any difference.

cheers guys. came on all of a sudden at the weekend. it has a decat but up to now has ran really well and smooth tickover. only done 73k....

Alternator mate - that is the usual culprit - the belt may be loose - i dont know of many valvers that havent had this problem before!!

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 29 April 2004

First port of call for me would be either the ISCV, (idle speed control valve), or the lambda sensor. Take the air filter off and give the ISCV a clean with some carb cleaner, see if that makes any difference.
^^^^^^^^^ What he said

Alternator? I noticed the lights flicker a bit on it when its ticking over, Also get a click through the stereo when the radios on? But i didnt think this could affect the running of the engine as such...

Where is this ISCV, is it on the throttle body?

Excuse my ignorance but im not a petrol engine mechanic, should of bought a clio diesel!

Now it sounds even more like the alternator!! Your car should be ticking over at idle at about 8-900 rpm. If its lower than this then the alternator belt is not tight enough. You therefore do not have enough power being produced (hence the lights flickering)

i had same prob, engine idle splutterin then cuttin out or the revs dyin when drivin, i cahnged the idle control valve on the throttle housing & the lambda sensor on the exhaust downpipe & that sorted the prob straight away.

If it was your alt then your batt would be flat by now, spesh with the radio on.

I would check the iscv, cts, speedo sender, lambda etc etc.