ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v vs RS2000 (Again)

Right i posted a little while ago about my mates RS2000, from a standing start he can edge just in front of me, i just assumed my car wasnt up to scratch or hes was quicker than it should be! Well last night we were racing again, on private roads of course, and from about a 110 to 130 i had to keep easing off the throttle as to not hit him up the arse!

Shouldnt it be the other way round, i should be quicker from a standing start and he should pull past me when we get up to those sort of speeds, due to it having a higher top speed!?!?!?!?!

Any one else had experiences racing RS2000s?

I wouldnt say you was hitting me up the arse, LOL, ok maybe you was - It was strange and I was flat out and still couldnt gain. I know since putting my 17s on the car it has been slower to get to its top speed. Maybe if the road was longer then it may of evened out and basically been the same as I think they 16v and RS2000 have a similar top speed.

If anyones got any theory to this then I would love to know as i do pull on a 1/4 mile run though higher speeds the valver catches.

Maybe its the dent in the side, LOL , sorry couldnt resist that.

I think I need to race a standard valver on a 1/4 mile run to see the results then or maybe both go back to standard wheels and see what the results would be. Either way the are both still quick cars and I think its always going to be a close race between us.

hmmm or u need to race a standard 1.6 16v hmmm the sheer power of a drilled air box and some gorgeous 3 spokes you wouldnt have a chance my friends :)

Badboy,

We would have no chance against yours!!! the amount of bits you drilled before you found the airbox, means the car weighs so much less now!!!!!! and your missing a couple of spokes as well! ;)

very true i think that 2 foot drill piece through the middle of the engine really done it the world of good, now my h/u hanging out and my cd changer is loose under the passnger seat should make it a race against more or less n e thing bring on the CUPS,

N e way might not be a pocket rocket but go damn quick enough for me, well until i turn 19 and can insure some kinda beast :)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I have raced many standard and modded RS2000. The standard ones i have beaten fair and square not only handling but on straightline speed as well. By 100mph im normally 3/4/5 car lengths ahead and then pull away even further.

However modded ones are not so easy lol. I had one blitz me every time we pulled away, the thing was very quick.

My valver is pretty much standard.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yeah its run in pretty well. but the engine has been maintained to a high standard.

Crumpy you tuned your RS at all - I looked at getting a RS2000 but the amount of hastle for a small amount of bhp must make it the hardest car to tune on the planet! Im pretty sure the lads on RS2000.com reckon its got a learning ECU which once youve put your mods on gets it back to the "correct" 150bhp again!

Na he aint tuned hes RS2000 at all, hes got plans for it though, should be rapid with what hes got in mind. He werent really too bothered about how much it costs really for the tuning side of things, it was a car hes always wanted so he went and got one!

Ive had a play with one of these on the motorway. He came flying past me so I thought I would try to catch him. Got behind him, and I could tell he was trying to pull away but he couldnt leave me. I definately had the upper hand, but he had 3 in the car and there was just me in mine so I reckon we would have been fairly even if there was just him in the car.

With the I4 Engine in the RS2000, tuning is quite difficult or should I say expensive. Ive never heard of the learning ECU and I know that if you do mod the engine then the BHP will increase like any other car. We currently are arranging a Rolling Road Shootout so we will see what mods have accomplished in terms of bhp.

Mine is standard at the moment apart from Wheels but ive only had the car 6 weeks. I will be modding it though and like Scott said Ive always wanted one and im only 19 so the insurance was enough on that so anything more was out of the question.

I do really like the Cups though.