ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s on mk 3

I was thinking of getting some 17s on my mk 3 1.2, and was wondering do they look ok without lowering and is there any clearance issues with the standard clio suspension. how is the handling affected??? This is the only exterior/performance mod i wanna do seeing as though its only a 1.2 and not worth it...

Skoda Fabia vRS

sorry to sound really picky mate, but your is a Mk2 Phase 2.......there isnt a Mk3 Clio yet....

they will look ok but you will instantly think......it needs lowerin...

hmmm k, guess ill just have to get them and decide after if its worth spending extra on lowering as i dont want to if its not necessary just for looks

Skoda Fabia vRS

it will be worth the extra mate, u will love it with a subtle drop if ur not after xtreme mods

yeah that looks dam sweet, just the kinda thing i wanna do, nice n simple. Do i need to buy new springs. if so how much does it cost to get them fitted and lowered etc? Or can i just stick with the original springs and lower them - i dont know too much about suspension etc....

nah, mines lowered on pi springs. cost £70 fitted. altho, if youve got the money get coilovers, much better handling. i wish i could but id cost 500 squids.

all depends on how you drive, whether or not you drive hard enough to notice the handling difference.

mike

Clio 1.6 RXE

so from this discussion am i right in saying that 17s fit straight on without any arch mods and i could still lower it around 35mm!?!

btw, i have an S reg clio is this the mk1 phase 2?

Mk2 Golf GTI

mk2 phase 1 i think (if its the round shaped clio) i was speakin to a lad who got his rear arches rolled and can now fit 17s with a 60mm drop and has no rubbing

that would be mk2ph1...im not sure, mines mk2ph2, they fit straight on, no mods, and then lowered, still no mods and no rubbing really.

i dont think the ph1 would be much/any different to the ph2, but i wouldnt like to bet on it. woulda thought ud be fine though

Lionel Richie

THERE IS NO NEED TO TOUCH THE ARCHES IF YOUR LOWERING 60MM ON 17S (for the 100th time!!!!!!!) As long as its a 1998 onwards clio

Offset on 17s needs to be ET37

well if people used the search function on the site to look at previous posts i dont think fred would be half as annoyed as he sounds

Fred mate.... I never actually asked this.... but 60mm drop on 17s which is what is happening to mine next week....

with the correct offset... does it rub with 3 people in the back or 2 people in the back & luggage? (picking up parents & g parent from airport in 2 weeks in ma new car)

so i hope ur right!!

Renaultsport Clio 182

Conner you should have no problems with rubbing as fred has said, he has lowered his 110 at the front and 100mm at the back and just started to rub!!!!! so there is loadsa round in the arches!

you only have to look at a std one to see have much there is! bloody monster trucks! hehe!

SO 60mm Drop will be fine, with the right offset, so go get it done!

Lionel Richie

crispy my old friend (chris) its 100mm at the front and 110mm at the rear (GET IT RIGHT!!!!)

connor, with the correct offset (ET37) you can have 3 fat b******s in the back and one in the front plus the boot can hold all the luggage you have room for and youll still have no problems!!! (itll rub the front arch liners on full lock but plastic on rubber causes no damage - oooohhh errrrr!!!)