ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s + Peformance =

Hi,

I have a 2000 Clio 1.4 Si that i plan to put 172 super leggeras on but tyres only come in 205/40 not 205/35 which would be a closer match to the standard rolling diameter so if i do go for 205/40/17 will i really feel the differance in power ? i know when the speedo reads 60 i will really be doing 63.5 but i am really worried about the 0-60 more

Or would the lower weight make up for this ?

I could go for 16s and get a closer match but the SLs dont tend to look big anyway so would they look small in 16 ?

Cheers

Jonny

i dont do track days in this , we have a caterham

Its fast road really , up to 50-60 from still and countryside blasts

car? need a license 1st!

hahahah i love that comment

"i dont do track days in this , we have a caterham"

thats such a

"you really think id take this to a track day you commoner?!"

ahahahah quality

No, its not a race car but i dont want to damage the performance too much

I am set on the 17s now anyway i think

Cheers

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny-SI on 29 September 2004

Why 195 and not wider ??? only curious as this oesnt affect the rolling diameter
If you go wider then the diameter will increase!

195 = Width
40% = Profile
R17 = wheel size

The profile is a percentage if the width so if you increase the width you effectively increase the diameter!

Wow i never knew it worked like that,

I got a good quote today on some in 205 with Yoko tyres though so i may just go for it

Cheers