ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 getting a 172

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well both me and adam are both still here and we are both now driving advanced drivers cars daily. I can't remember a serious accident any of us have had.

MCS R56
Why bother? The insurance will be about as much as the car. Anyone willing to pay £4K or more for insurance on any Clio needs to have word with themself!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
If he thinks he could handle it then go for it if he has the means, i know that personally i would show off and would crash it in the end, but thats me.

The price he is looking at for a car and insurance, you could get a really nice 1.4 or something like that for the same money.

im only 18 with one years drivin and it is goin to cost me £1200 with me as a named driver on my mams policy for a 172 cup, which i think would be worth it

i went on moneysupermarket.com and put in my details and diamond gave me a quote 4 £1200 because the named driver doesnt av 2 be female only the policy holder also my mam has 6yrs no claims

Who ever made comments relevant to -

17 + 172 = death

Can suck my fat one! What a bunch of f**king tossers you are, you guys haven't got a clue about anything.

What a joke.

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone with basic maths skills knows that 17+172=189. f**king idiots!

Who ever made comments relevant to -

17 + 172 = death

Can suck my fat one! What a bunch of f**king tossers you are, you guys haven't got a clue about anything.

What a joke.

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone with basic maths skills knows that 17+172=189. f**king idiots!

pmsl, thats the funniest thing I've heard all day!! lol!

Anyways, it looks like we will be welcoming another rich mummys boy to the club.......

heehee, just baiting!

fcuk you Mells another rich mammys boy i have a job and save up my own money to buy my cars all my money and no loans or nothin. which im quite proud of

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
wantsaclio -- have u read this ? http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131050

im a claims advisor and will say its true and if u crash ur fucked.

known as insurance fronting.

also a general comment for the thread - young people will need to take in running costs into consideration too aswell as the car and insurance. it costs considerably more to run a 1*2 that a 1.2

ive read it but if im on my mams insurance and i declare everything which i do the only thing i do which is wrong is i mite drive it slightly more than my mam even tho she uses it to go 2 work and i dont. bt nobody would ever no even if i crash the insurance company couldnt say i drive it more often than my mam theres no proof. as for the runnin costs i have a 2.0ltr focus now so the costs wont be much diferent

DUB mk2 golf gti!
why a 172 tho i dnt kno!yer they are very nice but u can ave the same fun in sumting else eg; 205,106 gti valver sumting like that!your jumping strait in the deep end!:nono:

Age doesnt give you the ability to drive properly, driving does. so the lad might only be 17, but if hes done 50,000 miles this year then he may well have more experience than alot of 21/22 year olds on here who perhaps dont do the mileage and therefore dont have the experience.

on the money side, if he has it, why not spend it? I rarely drink and dont smoke, dont follow fashion or music much so i have loads of money to spend on cars :)

If your mate is experienced and mature enough to drive a fast car, then go for it. He's probably better off driving a fast car with good handling than trying to drive a slow car with poor handling fast.

No more clio's for me!
Age doesnt give you the ability to drive properly, driving does. so the lad might only be 17, but if hes done 50,000 miles this year then he may well have more experience than alot of 21/22 year olds on here who perhaps dont do the mileage and therefore dont have the experience.

on the money side, if he has it, why not spend it? I rarely drink and dont smoke, dont follow fashion or music much so i have loads of money to spend on cars :)

If your mate is experienced and mature enough to drive a fast car, then go for it. He's probably better off driving a fast car with good handling than trying to drive a slow car with poor handling fast.

amen to this.

But just think of the costs...he may have the cash to spend on insurance now, but that 12month 'honeymoon' period will come round all to soon, then he'll be stumping up another 3k or so for renewal, MOT's/Tax/Servicing and lets face it...its a renault, it will need parts, most likely an exhaust. ;)

But of course, this has feck all to do with me and everyone else for that matter, i'm only posting cos i'm bord and its better than revision. Good luck to your mate. lol :)

scouser.jpg

TBH if he has the cash to buy a 172, he might want to shell out on a couple of English lessons.

Such a lame comment lol

Surely a man of your superiority could have come up with something better then that?

I was at work and was just posting in between slurps of coffee. TBH I wasn't taking it too seriously :D However, I believe I have a point - the day it becomes acceptable to communicate in some fucked up interpretation of the English language, is I day I...well I don't know but I'll do something that day ;)

Alfa Mito 155TB
My MkII 172 went in March, I was 33 with full no claims bonus and full comp with legal cover with Direct Line used to cost me £420 a year in a bad area.

I just cannot imagine paying £4000 insurance for anything less than a Bugatti Veyron or a Ferrari Enzo...it is madness !!!!!

When I was 17, I drove crappy 1.0, 1.3 engined cars and I wrote one off....I don't think I missed out by doing so...being over 30 has it's advantages !!!!

Tangoed Works

Dont mean to be bad mate, but you must lead a pretty dull life if all you do is work to pay for your car.

80MPG BEEZA
i had a mk1 clio 1.2rn for just under a year which i crashed 3 times, once another new driver clipped my bk end on a roundabout his fault going way to fast not a scratch on the car, then i slid off the road twice round corners once into a white box thing and then into a field then found out the metal was showing through on the front tyres due to tracking being out lol - no marks on the car

got my current car mk2 ph2 clio1.2 dynamique just short of another year car slipped on oil or something and i went into a barrier managed to slow car down still knacked front bumper - engine subframe and wishbone

dropped a 2.0 in and its been in well almost 1 and a half years and no bother i find it safer, has the power to adjust in corners and pull me out of dodgy situations BUT if this was my first car god knows what ditch i would have been in, due to having almost 2 years previous experience it helped alot

advice - by a knacker for a year and put away as much money as you can - then get a 172, i'm not saying you will crash it but theres more of a risk for it and you'll lose out so run around in a knacker and learn how a car can behave when it goes wild then get a 172

Dont mean to be bad mate, but you must lead a pretty dull life if all you do is work to pay for your car.

Dont work JUST to pay for my cars, i just aint the type to go and spend £100 a weekend getting shitfaced or £200 on jeans that are out of fashion in 6 months ....thats why i have a house and two cars whereas most people my age get wankered each weekend, piss all over their expensive jeans down a side street and live with their mums...

;)

Engles Mummy
Such a lame comment lol

Surely a man of your superiority could have come up with something better then that?

I was at work and was just posting in between slurps of coffee. TBH I wasn't taking it too seriously :D However, I believe I have a point - the day it becomes acceptable to communicate in some f**ked up interpretation of the English language, is I day I...well I don't know but I'll do something that day ;)

I Day I?

Yea.....your about as sophisticated as a wet sock lol

J

JACKO CUP 172!

^ why so much? i'm 21 with 0 NCB and only paying 1200 with a few mods! thats with admiral btw
one accident fcuked me over just had my renewal and is £900 will have to see if i can get it cheeper..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You only crash if your an idiot...no reason why young people shouldn't have fast cars!

Clio 172 mk2
My MkII 172 went in March, I was 33 with full no claims bonus and full comp with legal cover with Direct Line used to cost me £420 a year in a bad area.

I just cannot imagine paying £4000 insurance for anything less than a Bugatti Veyron or a Ferrari Enzo...it is madness !!!!!

When I was 17, I drove crappy 1.0, 1.3 engined cars and I wrote one off....I don't think I missed out by doing so...being over 30 has it's advantages !!!!

Completely agree...I waited and did my time behind the wheel of some real s**tters before I could get any car which was half decent.

Personally I'd never pay over a grand on insurance on any car