ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 + insurance on cup

Breaking A 172 Replica
As above.

I would like to be insured for 3months.

Where should I go to get quotes?

Best price coming up for confused.com is 3707 for the year (thats with mum as main driver (9 years no claims) and me as 3rd driver with Dad as second.

Thanks

Sam

www.renparts.co.uk
jesus thats expensive.... you will have trouble finding somewhere to offer 3 months cover... the monthly ones you must be over 21 even as a named driver..

D

dick

insure for year, cancel after 3 months

lol at 4k for the yr as 2nd driver

D

dick

you not gonna get any affordable ones.

most people that seem to be like 19 are paying 2kish.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
have you tried elephant?

they do online quotes, not sure where you can do it for just 3 months though, you would probably have to end up taking the year long policy and the cancelling as said before.

edit:

I got mine just after i turned 20 and the quote was 1340, paying monthly it went to 1851 a year.

Breaking A 172 Replica
This is what they are saying though...

1x £741.44 + 11x £306.61

So for 3months I am looking at 1050.00

I will try elephant now.

Any other suggestions?

Sam

Breaking A 172 Replica
It doesn't make any difference IIRC.

I have a Cat C atm and a Cat D before that and the insurance company made a not but it didn't affect premium.

Sam

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
What about the modifications??? If you have as many as this car has had...and don't declare, and some git bangs into you...then you won't have a leg to stand on, as your insurance would be invalidated!

No matter how good a driver you are (or think you are) there is always someone who sees the Cups colour as 'invisible blue' and tries to drive towards you! :dead:

RS Meg 175
its got mods to mate so you wanna be wary, personally id not bother with the RS just now, you'll never make the money back that you paid out for the insurance.

Breaking A 172 Replica
The thing is I know someone who would want this and they are stupid.

I would keep my car as well and would use the cup only on back roads not really in town.

Sam

"Navy" N17 TWO
The thing is I know someone who would want this and they are stupid.

I would keep my car as well and would use the cup only on back roads not really in town.

Sam

Going fishing? :S
Definetly something fishy going on anyhow!

mk4 golf gttdi180
dont dabble in exspensive and catagory cups they are all fishy if the man wanted to sell it he would put it on his fourcourt it dont matter if its a catagory when its done well this just means its a s**t job

Breaking A 172 Replica
I disagree.

Superfastdan and Dibraggio are both well respected members on here.

I very much doubt they would lie.

Sam

Elise 111R
tbh if your in the position to ask whether there are more affordable insurance premiums out there for you at 17. From a first quote over 3k + TPFT (which there arent going to be many) my advise would be dont bother...

Unless you can throw away 3k and not worry too much about it (i.e. money from parents or income from own company) i really wouldnt see the value.

Remember you still have to find servicing, parts (tyres) and most important of all petrol....

I find it hard that you say a Cat D and mods isnt going to effect the prem. i know in my case it would! so whats so different with the guys you insure with.. their going to look at this as a VERY high risk car to let you in...

not trying to piss on your fire mate

Im sure you'd be able to get better quotes most defenitly... from independent brokers whom may be able to ensure you fully comp on your own insurance for the same possibly if not a bit more.. but is it worth it?

If it was a fun weekend car, get a kit car, (tiger, locust etc) very cheap to insure and would be much more fun than a clio and different, trust me :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
isn't there a company which does insurance for something like £10 a day?

Must be over 21 for that

tbh Insuring a 172 at 17 is a waste. You can go faster and have more fun for less.

I had my 172 at 17 only due to the fact we got its insurance thrown in with our company account.

I'd rather pay £600 to insure a westfield than £3k to insure a 172.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
look mate, regardless of what some people might think. the car is mint. end of.

i bought it without an hpi check, as i took the guy to be trustworthy. also i never even asked if it was cat d or the like so in trading it in i paid a price.

however, i never had one problem with it. all work was carried out when it should have been etc. it is a brilliant car mate, and if i could afford the cup and the meg i would still have it.

so on that basis, buy it and dont worry bout it.

now though, you are only 17, so insurance is gonna be mega and i mean mega on a 172, never mind a 172 cup.

if you can afford to do it, then do it.

but as has been said, dont cripple yourself financially for it. as as with any car, anything you put into it, is money you will not get back.

A slow one :-(
Get a saxo VTR/106 rallye to chuck round the back roads. Get some descent brakes on it and bobs ur uncle a go kart!

The last thing I'd want at Uni is the cost of keeping a RS on the road.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
dont dabble in exspensive and catagory cups they are all fishy if the man wanted to sell it he would put it on his fourcourt it dont matter if its a catagory when its done well this just means its a s**t job

for your information, a car that has been vandalised by a simple act of "keying" to an extent to that the re-spray is rather expensive could be enough to deem a car cat d.

doesnt have to have been in a smash to the extent that the car is half its original size.

Shed.
As above.

I would like to be insured for 3months.

Where should I go to get quotes?

Best price coming up for confused.com is 3707 for the year (thats with mum as main driver (9 years no claims) and me as 3rd driver with Dad as second.

Thanks

Sam

In may, ill have 1 years no claims. thank f**k lol, i was looking on money supermarket and i was returning quotes for £2000, mum as the main driver. Thats works out at £200 every month for 10 months. Im gunan get a 172 eventualy and ill be buying the car straight off and not on finance.

Monaco 172
im looking at one near me 02 with 23k bump on the front for 4 grand looks awesome too and fixed by the mechanic who owns it all properly as my mate bought a cup and this same guy fixed it for him ...its tempting!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I had to pay £1228 for 3 months insurance (switching from a 1.2 8v) on my 172.

Thats was obvioulsy carrying on my own policy.

Im 22 0years experience and no no claims.