ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 oz superleggera wheel rubbing

im driving a MKI clio RS 172 lowered 35mm..I ve recently installed 17"oz superleggera wheel. During the first 2 weeks of driving..i didnt experience any rubbing. But today, ive heard some rubbing noise..Why does it happen after 2 weeks? I thought these oz rim has the correct offset to be put on my clio without any problem..Is it dangerous for driving if theres rubbing problem? What can i do?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Hi mate welcome to the club.

I think on a MK1 with 17s and the amount of drop you have then rubbing is inevitable. It will wear your tyres quicker and unevenly.

You could get the arches rolled will cost a little but could solve your problem. Is it rubbing at the front or the back?

Paul

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

40 to 8o quid m8, wot tyres u got to...iv got A539 and they have a ridge around them which doesnt help, mines got oz too bin dropped n rolled but still catches on full lock on one side at the back...37mm offset. :oops:

Astra 1.9cdti XP

My local place charges £20 for the front and £20 for the rear so I suppose it depends where you go. Just make sure you go to a reputable place where you can trust them!!

It happens because the springs will lower a few more mms after youve put them on - just for your info.. Could be, too, that the dampers are a bit tired.

-CJ