ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/172cup - 18

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Hi, does anybody no how much it would be to insure an 18 year old male, with NO n.c.b for a 172 or a 172 cup ?

Either on my own insurance policy ?

or on my Mum or Dads insurance ?

Fully comp as-well.

Thanks very much - sure some people have some prices...:)

Ben.

I'd imagine it would be very pricey, have you tried ringing around for some quotes?

Subway had a cup at about your age, mite be worth picking his brains.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
about 3k ish

plus if you go on your parents policy it is iligal and called fronting check the guides section for a artical about it by neil@greenlight

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
So I guess 3k on my own policy, how about if i was put on my parents ?

M2 Competition
Subway was insured under his Dad's fleet insurance.

Try elephant fella, by far the cheapest for me, but am doubting at 18 you'd get quoted tbh.

In all honesty id run a less powerful car, wait until you have a years NCB, and then try again. Also, other than the legality, worth having your own insurance, as you dont gain NCB otherwise, and will find it near impossible to move up to a more powerful/ pricier car.

Phone around for a few quotes though, let us know what you get mate.

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Subway was insured under his Dad's fleet insurance.

Try elephant fella, by far the cheapest for me, but am doubting at 18 you'd get quoted tbh.

In all honesty id run a less powerful car, wait until you have a years NCB, and then try again. Also, other than the legality, worth having your own insurance, as you dont gain NCB otherwise, and will find it near impossible to move up to a more powerful/ pricier car.

Phone around for a few quotes though, let us know what you get mate.

Fair enuff its illegal but we all no so many people do it, and probaly lots of people on here. I can still claim n.c.b if it was throw direct line and other companies are beginning to do the same. So could somebody tell me how much it would be if one of my parents went down as the main driver, and i was an additional driver?

While im writing this, will there big a big diffrence between a 172/cup or a Saxo VTS?

Thanks, Ben.

M2 Competition
Mate, its very hard to tell you how much your insurance will be!

Phone around and get some quotes, only way you'll know.

Lots of things like your job, where you live etc etc affect the premium massively.