ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 ECU question

VaVa
Probably a dumb question, but is the cruise control looked after by the ECU or is there a seperate computer for this and auto lights/wipers etc ?

I thinking of getting a replacement ECU and just wondered if it affects the cruise control.

ST
IIRC yes....as cli0_172 aka Scott has an RSport ECU in his mk2 172, it worked before the ECU went in, then didn't afterwards....tho some chips maybe different and you maybe able to keep the cruise function.

Hopefully someone else will be along and have more info on this.

Hope this helps tho.

Alan.

Lager,

give me a bell tomorrow - i might have something that will interest you if you are wondering about this...

;-)

/y0z

VaVa
Thanks for the info Alan. Looks like I'll lose the cruise with a fastchip type jobbie then...... Not all that bothered as I don't use it that often, but would prefer to keep it if possible...

Yoz - have lost your number fella. You've fallen victim to the K750i contact deleting trick! :mad:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've got the fastchip 182 reflash and the Cruise and all other functions remain unchanged. Not sure if it's the same for the 172 version.

VaVa
Cool, thanks nik... I'll drop them an email and find out.

Just weighing up the options. I'm tempted to try a Hillpower remap as it's not far from me.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
y0z2a said:
Lager,

give me a bell tomorrow - i might have something that will interest you if you are wondering about this...

;-)

/y0z

Be careful with Yoz2a - i used to drive an automatic car and was curious about learning to drive a manual - Yoz2a said he would show me so i went on a test drive with him and he disguised his c0ck as a manual gear shifter and sat in the centre console

dnatuning.com
lagerlout1 said:
Probably a dumb question, but is the cruise control looked after by the ECU or is there a seperate computer for this and auto lights/wipers etc ?

I thinking of getting a replacement ECU and just wondered if it affects the cruise control.

Cruise control function is coded in the ECU, it's just a little line of data or two, you can add the function to non cruise control cars with the hardware a little wiring and a few bytes changed ;)

I'm looking into offering maybe switchable tuning on the 182, so you could switch between a standard map and a performance map when you wanted, or even a performance map and a race gas map for track days etc.

VaVa
Brilliant info, thanks John.

So there's no real reason why the car should lose any fucnctions?

I take it ( in laymans terms) that only the fuelling/timing etc code is altered?

Cool website by the way.... You branching out into Renaults then? If you need a 172 to test on..... ;)

dnatuning.com
It depends whether they are flashing a section of the EPROM contents or reflashing the whole contents based on the ECU type/software version, some tools do it in different ways, also depends if the operator has just used an old file or modified yours, they may not realise one of the changes in your file is actually the control set for your cruise.
A good reason to go with someone who knows what they're reading :D