ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Independant rear suspension

Q5 S-Line+
Morning,

So been hunting through the forums for a good cal days now and still can't find what I'm after. Looking to build up a track/rally car and in planning stage at moment. Read on a Clio forum (can't remember if this one) of a track build to a good standard where the boy had a custom Independant rear beam made up. Think by a garage near Falkirk if I'm not mistaken. Can't for the life of me find this post again. Anyone able to help

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
scott mcminn motorsport done this on a hillclimb clio, have a look on his FB im sure he has some pictures on there. His work is superb

Q5 S-Line+
Yeah I know, but at silly expense. The post was a track build in one of forums. Still can't find. Was a tubular frame customs made

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you thinking of something similar to this? @Stu4372
image.jpeg

Q5 S-Line+
Hi North,

Not the pic I originally seen but that's what I'm looking at. The pic I seen was still on the jig. Who made such a thing?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi North,

Not the pic I originally seen but that's what I'm looking at. The pic I seen was still on the jig. Who made such a thing?
It's something I stumbled upon the net mate when I was looking for something else.

Be quite easy to make something similar for a Clio, but tbh I don't know if it's necessary. Are you building a stage car? Not much point for just circuit work imo.

Q5 S-Line+
All still in the designing/planning stage at moment. Currently working over in Saudi Arabia so plan is to start when I'm back home.

Main plan is for a bit of both. Do the SMRC races at Knockhill, odd time attack and some single venues stages rally's and possibly Otterburn when up to speed. Was looking at it for the weight saving factors.

Build class winning 106 Cupcar and M-Sport Fiesta in the SRC so fancy looking at the Clio as seems a good we car. Tho chocolate gearboxes I keep getting told. Either that or Civic TypeR.

Plan is to get chassis up to spec then build engine (250bhp mark)