ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 owners 30 years old and above

Mountune Tractor
What do you pay roughly for your insurance?
I'm 30, never had any accidents, maximum no claims and it's coming in at around £600!
Sounds a bit expensive to me! I'm only using a comparison website but still!
I'm sure it was about £600 when I had my 172 5 years ago!

Listerine & Poledo
alright fella.

Same stats, except I've got the oher half on my policy too, £700.

TOok some haggling, mind, and every year they try to up it, but it's been £700 for the last 3 years.

Before she was involved in my policy I was charged £300.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Im not 30+ but its close enough
I'm 29 with full no claims on 6000 a year an on my policy I was charged £700 full comp protected on my 182

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm 30, Have all Mods insured:

Matched inlets
KW V2 Coils
Cage
Bucket Seats
Induction Kit
Harnesses
Exhaust
(And probably some other bits I have forgotton)

180BHP Limit / No cost of adding other Mod's providing it does not creap over 180BHP

£550 Fully Comp, Protected NCD, Reasonable area but not the 'Best'.

Brentacre Insurance = Win

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Im thirty and pay £900. Thats with two years ncb and a 28 day ban nearlly two years ago. oh and all mods declared with upto 180bhp. Thats with brentacre

Dan

Mountune Tractor
Brentacre sound like they could be worth a shout then. I don't fancy £600 a year to drive a clio tbh. Cheers.

Now Sold :-(
Think you may find whatever you drive premiums are on the increase. Was talking to a mate yesterday who just got the renewal on his 5 year old Bora diesel. Up from £450 to £700. :eek:
Lots of phone calls and managed to get it down to £500 but that was the best he could do.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 34 and mines £600 fully comp 8y protected and full breakdown cover and the other little bits like key loss etc.

Thats with Adrian Flux and mods declared. Gone up by £20 this year, thought it would've been more than that going by all the horror stories...

The whole of Hudds is a s**t post code for insurance:dapprove:.

b/g 182, meg tourer
how come most of you are paying so much?
im only 26 and my renewal quote is £583. thats fullt comp, 7yncb. and the gf is a named driver too. im with greenlight.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol 25, 3 years NCB and was less than £500,
now 25 with 4 years its nearer £400.

275 Trophy
37, 2 years no claims and £700. Suposedly 2nd best postcode category too. I need to get some new quotes.

197 FF Glacier White
40, full NCB, £330 fully comp, protected of course. I got a couple of cheaper quotes but I couldn't be bothered changing insurer, I'm with Adrian Flux.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Try chris knott if your over 30, when i was with them it was excellent service and a good price :)

182 Cup
I'm 30 with all mods declared including a rear roll cage and I'm paying £540 through Adrian Flux. That's with an own fault accident last year.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
5+years ncb
Protected
Mrs on policy [had claim on previous car within last 5yrs]
9000 mile per year

£320 - aviva