ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 steering wheel thumb grips

2001 Clio 172
From a guy on here called Kevin. They are glass reinforced plastic i think. They look the part. Just need to get round to sanding them down to fit 100% and paint.

12102009145.jpg

172 sport
they look good. are you going to remove the rubber ones first or fit them over? your steering wheel is in good nick for 55k. mine has some melting and i avoid ANY cleaner because it goes soft. what do you use? cheers for pic

2001 Clio 172
It's totally falling apart now. I use 1 handed steering quite often so its melting away, now shown in pic as i hadnt had the car long lol. Im gona remove the old rubber ones first. Just waiting for when i have time to fiddle on with them as once old ones have been removed i want new ones fitted asap. Would love wheel retrim but cant justify spending the £'s on it.

2001 Clio 172
Yea he is. Well im torn on colour. Basically i was debating about getting some white alloys which would mean i would want my dash strips etc white too. However i'd still have silver pedals and dial surround. So im thinking maybe i should leave the wheels and dash strips silver and paint the grips silver to match. Opinion?

172 sport
doh. mine is dark met blue 2003, not sure what it's called. you can do silver to match interior, same with black. blue would be different but there is no blue in the interior so not sure.

Clio V6 255
Those are the ones I've made up:approve:
Made a couple of sets for myself then a mate wanted some so in the end made a few sets and they went on the bay. Very good fitting ( no gaps like Ktecs ;)) and look good with polished finish. Sold quite a few with good feedback.

RSC 182 Cup
Russo, you should open up your auction to overseas purchasers- eg. Australia. There are a lot of people who are looking for some sort of repair option- and you can imagine how the RSC steering wheel copes in our hot weather! :dead:

2014 Clio 200t edc
Bringing up an old post I know, but has anyone had any success fixing the thumb grip? I might try and cover mine in carbon film. Would only look better tho!!

Clio 182
I know this is an old thread but I was hoping someone would know where to get the original grips new? If thats possible...

172 Cup
Anyone know of any squidgy ones? I'd prefer to have squidgy over hard plastic.
Any tips for removing the old ones, do they peel off easy enough?
Mine's only gone on one side. Might try fixing it with sugro or something like that :p

In yellow to match the "172" on the pillar badges please.

Clio 182 CUP
Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum so apologies for this in advance...I am about to take ownership of a 182 but the right side grip is worn and I wanted to know if replacements are generally available (I saw some relatively fancy ones on ebay - I'm just after plain black or ideally silver plastic - not worry about carbon fibre look or anything) ?

appreciate any advice

Thanks
Rob

FF 182
Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum so apologies for this in advance...I am about to take ownership of a 182 but the right side grip is worn and I wanted to know if replacements are generally available (I saw some relatively fancy ones on ebay - I'm just after plain black or ideally silver plastic - not worry about carbon fibre look or anything) ?

appreciate any advice

Thanks
Rob

Sorry to say it mate. But there is not any about I'm looking my self cheapest I found were like 60-80 quid. Silly money. I will let you know if I do find a decent set pal.

Cheers, Mike.