ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 supercharger

Focus RS Mk1
Rotrex prices have just gone up.

your lookin at, for the latest spec chargers, c30/64,74,84,94 over £1400 alone. Cant think if that includes the oil cooler youl need. you get all the oil lines and £60 a litre traction fluid though!

So the kit that GDI supply will defo 100% be more than £3000. im gussing around £4500-5000 will be a good price!

imo if they want to sell then need to price them cheaper than the turbo setups and my estimate does that easily.

Ive had a supercharged saxo with a rotrex and it was mental :)

172 Cup
group buy for a rotrex suitable for the clio will be around 1100 + vat for 10+ pcs. Buy cheap IC from the states, get a map done by someone like RStuning. Then your only left with the fitting kit...(this is doing the labour yourself dont forget) If you want someone to fit then yes your looking at much more than 3k

Focus RS Mk1
unless you have a Danish friend that does all their logistics ;)

are you going through TTS or buying direct from Rotrex?

There are two suppliers in the UK, three now if OMEX do them

TTS - silverstone based (where i got my second one from)
GMC - Scotland (where i got my first one from) Guy called john! Tuning guru!
Omex - not sure where they are!

clio 200 F4Rt
group buy for a rotrex suitable for the clio will be around 1100 + vat for 10+ pcs. Buy cheap IC from the states, get a map done by someone like RStuning. Then your only left with the fitting kit...(this is doing the labour yourself dont forget) If you want someone to fit then yes your looking at much more than 3k

looking forward to your bargain conversion! give us a shout when you have completed it, will be very interested to see!

Ph1
There are two suppliers in the UK, three now if OMEX do them

TTS - silverstone based (where i got my second one from)
GMC - Scotland (where i got my first one from) Guy called john! Tuning guru!
Omex - not sure where they are!

Nice guy from the 'old skool' - bit set in his ways though :D lol

Regards to the pricing i reckon most would opt for the s/charger bracket set up that does away with the aircon ''if'', it saves a good few quid probably.

Could be competition too in that sector when the other charger comes on the market

raw striker

good luck with that :eek:

182FF with cup packs

LOL! "only" left with the fitting kit. I think you'll find that the fitting kit is one of the reasons you won't get it for less than 3k. Thats what all the work has gone into, the supercharger is a bit of off the shelf kit, as is the ECU, the bracket is totally custom. Try getting a one off produced. The stresses on it must be insane. If that bracket fails, I suspect your engine dies.

raw striker
i know someone who's supercharged their cup for under £2k using a rotrex (his dad owns bruntingthorpe ;))

that was done along time ago, the rotrex has gone up in price massively since then. plus he had access to a full workshop facility which many people do not. at the end of the day yes things can always be done cheaper...but quality ALWAYS suffers! i know that anything that comes through the right channels will be tested properly and will work without fault. if you want to do things yourself and save a few quid in the short term than great :) go for it, everyone is fully entiteld to have a go. but ive seen plenty of supercharger kits that have been done this way and then later end up sat infront of me asking for a redesign as its not quite working right, and i can tell you now that some of the installs and engineering (if you can call it that) has been absolutly shocking and is just a ticking time bomb! make your own choice really. :D

Lionel Richie
oh i know, matt did his oooh about 6months back now, proper pikey engineering going on there!! (love you matt! ;))

Turbo Beige
Go on 306 GTI-6 forum - You can charge a 6 for under 3k if you do the work yourself.

Now go back and research how many of the kits that have been sold are on cars, and how many are running properly 12 months after fitting!!

The GTI-6 Kits also use the stock ecu!!

Focus RS Mk1
If you guys wanted to save money then you can run these without an intercooler. The pipework would be very simple if doing that. that would knock a couple of hundred quid of the price.

but of course the gains would be severly compromised.

172 mk2 Iceberg
Dont lotus make a supercharger built into the inlet manifold on the new supercharged Elise ?

This has no inter cooler but makes the same book figs that the Exige sc does

E39 M5 & Corsa track
supercharger kits can be made affordably, we market our fiesta st 150 supercharger kit at £3599.95 fitted for a kit with an intercooler this also uses the stock ecu, which works really well, the thing with the stock ecu is its great if you have the right level of access to it, if not then you will run into running problems and aftermarket is the way to go.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Seriously tempting - eagerly awaiting results of this and my nice redundency cheque!

That bracket is one beautiful piece of engineering, I'd quite happily sit it on my coffee table. :eek:

I do a hell of a lot of work with precision machinists through my work and I know if I took drawings down to them for that fitting kit then it would definitely not be a small bill!! I guess if you were getting them to set up to a run a good number off then you may save a bit but tbh I don't think there's anyway of getting anything like the setup in the pics for less than 3k!! Definitely not fitted!! :eek:

raw striker
totally right. i think its to easy to look at some things on that market and take it for granted how much work actually has to go into producing them. it's only when you take the kits apart and count up all the individual components that you can start to appreciate the level of work involved in doing something properly. you can see what is involved in the aircon sc kit when you take a look at it like this. run a quick calculation on the cost of each bit of alloy then tell me that these kits can be done for 3k or under. not saying 'a' kit cant....just not this one. :)

explodeview1.jpg

VaVa
totally right. i think its to easy to look at some things on that market and take it for granted how much work actually has to go into producing them. it's only when you take the kits apart and count up all the individual components that you can start to appreciate the level of work involved in doing something properly. you can see what is involved in the aircon sc kit when you take a look at it like this. run a quick calculation on the cost of each bit of alloy then tell me that these kits can be done for 3k or under. not saying 'a' kit cant....just not this one. :)

explodeview1.jpg

Fantastic bit of work is that tbh

raw striker
the cheaper mk2 kit that losses the aircon is very very immanent...watch this space over the coming weeks.

raw striker
yes. it retains the top cup alternator mounting bracket, the cup alternator and the standard pas pump. everything else mounts to the new billet alloy brackets.