ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 / 182 thumb grip question

S4 Avant
They aren't symmetrical, the back doesn't come as far down the wheel, meaning you need a left and right.

tiTTy & SV650
Ahh, cool thanks.

Was going to remove my left hand one 3d scan it and then tool them for Polyurethane rubber moulding and punt them on here and ebay but alas I'd need 2 tools (2 impressions) and cant afford to be doing that.

It's seems that 99% of the time it is the right hand one that has gone so might be worth getting hold of a RH one and just doing that initially. I would certainly have one off you!!

tiTTy & SV650
It might not be dead in the water, tooling can be a fortune though although in my experience with rubber moulding its a bit easier as the parts are flexible so you can tease them off the tool.

Clio 182 arctic
i know its always mentioned but its an absolute disgrace with those thumb grips and wheels. mine was sh***ed so i bought a mint condition 1 off here bout 6months ago, now the new 1 is melting and wearing away. its a joke.

tiTTy & SV650
It's an inconvenience but doesn't bother me too much tbh, could easily get the wheel covered at a coachtrimmers for £50

Fabia vrs tdi
Rory I love you, is there no end to your talent? fancy fitting my rear shock and handbrake cable for a cuddle?

Silver 182
Dont know.. My steering wheel was in absolute perfect condition when i bought it (something i was proud of reading reviews beforehand) and still is cos i normaly hold it with one hand in top right just above the rubbers.. the other hand normaly shifting all the time or grab the bottom left when i need to.

feels weird holding it at the rubbers.. maybe its just me and my driving style

I was thinking about this yesterday, someone on another forum could retrim my wheel but then i got the shitty rubbers left to sort out. Hmmmm.