ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 / 182 Turbos

SLK 350
Theres's only one turbo on here that posts with any regularity afaik, thats Steve172-250. But theres a fair few with ITB's.

Who did your turbo conversion lad? Lets have some pics etc ;)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I think this guy bought his kit off K-Tec and did the conversion himself....

*this thread is useless without pics*

:lol

-172 Cup Turbo-
Stuck in LA on business at the mo and only got this pic on me lap top, when i get back i will be able to post some more.

CIMG0493.jpg

Last edited:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
bloody hell that is fooking sweet as mate, top job there, get it on the rollers mate actually get your ass down santa pod and log some 1/4 mile times for us

-172 Cup Turbo-
There must be a few more 172 / 182 Clio Turbos on here than me and Stevo. I recon there has to be around 8-10 on the road between BB and K-tec.

MKIII 138
CUP TURBO said:
There must be a few more 172 / 182 Clio Turbos on here than me and Stevo. I recon there has to be around 8-10 on the road between BB and K-tec.

there are other clio forums and of course people who just wanna turbo there clio and not post it on the internet

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
looks better than mine!
who done the polishing for you mate?:)

Last edited:
Chris K said:
CIMG0493.jpg

This by far looks the best looking turbo conversion i've seen.

I love that! agree with the last comment and being self built you get my thumbs up ^ .. well done mate! :approve:

I see you've gone for the FMI rather than the charge cooler would be good to see your reports when you get back on the RR'd or test runs up the quarter.

80MPG BEEZA
k-tec have done 2 customer cars a 172 full fat and a 182 full fat and then their own 2 turbo cars aswell but have foreign interest in the turbo kits also, i was going to go for a turbo conversion but i'm undecided wether just to by a faster car in the first place

-172 Cup Turbo-
Zonda said:
I see you've gone for the FMI rather than the charge cooler would be good to see your reports when you get back on the RR'd or test runs up the quarter.

Im interested to see how the charge cooler fairs up against a front mount.
I went for a FM, so i didn't have to relocate the battery and it fits nicely behind the front bumper.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Whats it like on the road, grip wise and torque steer? I'd love a turbo convo but will certainly have to add a LSD i reckon.

-172 Cup Turbo-
Nomad said:
Whats it like on the road, grip wise and torque steer? I'd love a turbo convo but will certainly have to add a LSD i reckon.

I just get traction in third when running 12 psi. I fitted a boost controller which enables me to program the boost dependant on gears and revs, so i can run low boost in 1st and 2nd limiting the wheel spin.

The Cup doesn't come with equal length drive shafts, i guess to save weight but i had to change it over to the equal length, coz i had a few scary moments when accelerating, the car wanted to pull me across the road.

I don't think the gear box is gonna last too long with the power im putting through it so im gonna look for a new box which i can get strengthened and slap an LSD in that.

you must have good experience with engine building/tuning to do this yourself, how long did it take you to fit the kit and have it all set up and running?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We will soon have details of some individual turbo kit components on our site along with prices.

Dunc did a great job putting his engine together and this was done in our workshop with Mike (our head machanic) on hand for guidance. It took a while from start to finish but part of that was due to us finishing development on certain parts but I think you will agree it was worth the wait.

David.