ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 95k Miles £6k Yes or No

Should i buy it, its had cambelt done and has FRSH!

Am going to look at it this afternoon!

Its X Reg, twin airbags, etc etc

There was a 172 in the For Sale section with around 50k for under £7k not long back, stanbo172 I think was selling it.

I agree with JillyB, if you can knock them down on that price then it could be a bargain, a lot of car for £5k - £5.5k !

After looking on http://www.autotrader.co.ukwww.autotrader.co.uk and seeing these then I would not pay £6k for the one you are thinking of Smokey :

2001 RENAULT CLIO 172 2.0 16V,
2001, Y reg. 28000 miles, metallic blue, leather interior, aircon, fRsh, excellent condition, tax. £7,000.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078487468__media.jpg

2000 RENAULT CLIO 172 SPORT, 2000,
W reg. ice berg silver, leather/alcantara upholstery, 65,000 miles, a/c, 172 bhp, 6 disc changer, fsh, sale due to house, excellent condition. £6,395.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078487647__media1.jpg

Take a look at all the other 172s you can get for under £7k http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=172&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=7000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=sa4+4hw&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=5&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCHHERE.

yeah will have to give them a call before i go see it as its 100 miles away:eek:

Its trade and has been dropped down from £6995 to £6299 and i was reckoning £6k but the milage is a problem! Especially as my Valver had 56k on it!

Viv172, i think £6k was a steal, they did alright out of that i think!

W Regs seem to go for £7k

Smokey, with it not being trade then you may have a better chance of hacking out a deal. Waving £6k under the nose of an individual is VERY tempting, more so than a garage maybe ?

From the pic it is very nice tho.

They had a black MKI 172 on there with very small damage which had been professionally repaired, it sold for £5500 with 27k on the clock ! NOW THAT WAS A BARGAIN !

:eek:

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Id be worried about any car thats done that many miles in such a short period of time. Nothing wrong with high milers if its all relative to the age of the car. Mines done 104k miles in 12 years (average of about 8.6k a year)

I personally couldnt do 94k in 20 years and thats no joke!!

When should the cambelt be done??????????????????????????????????

How much is it to do a cambelt on a 172????

i phoned up about the damaged one and it went within an hour of being advertised, not suprising really thou is it?

I bet its mostly motorway miles being that high thou in such a short space of time!

does the fact that their still pretty new and the price dropping like a tarts knickers not worry you? imo 90k+ is a lot of miles especially for a car that new, plus the way it has devalued is incredible... get it if you plan on keeping it and running it into the ground, otherwise id get something that will hold value a little better. Just imo of course!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 05 March 2004Should i buy it, its had cambelt done and has FRSH!Am going to look at it this afternoon!Its X Reg, twin airbags, etc etc

Mate, I got a mk2 172 with 5600 miles on the clock for £9000 it was mint too..

Quote: Originally posted by martinibeanie on 05 March 2004

Cambelt change is at 72k along with the platinum plugs. Dunno about price though.

Thanks mate thats what i needed:D

Does anyone know how much it costs???????

Notbuying that one now anyway but still looking at 172 and hopfully going to see one soon:D