ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 airbag light (AGAIN)

Bumder With A Buffer

This keeps coming on along with the SERV light and its doing my head in, its quite intermitent so taking it to renault to sort out seems a bit silly, especially as theyl say its fixed then it comes on again 2 days later!!

Noticed in some other posts i found people were on about the connector under the seat, replacing that. I work in motorsport and can get proper mil spec connectors so should i replace the old connector? It was on all the way home tonite, got home and wiggled the connector and it went out.

Quote: Originally posted by richy22 on 19 January 2005
It was on all the way home tonite, got home and wiggled the connector and it went out.
Is there a special technique to this while on the move?

I nearly always put the car in a ditch when I have a wiggle :eek:

Bumder With A Buffer

well i stopped at a junction and let the car spin and it went out! also when i adjust mty seat it SOMETIMES goes out.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Why not just solder it and leave the connector out altogether? Or use a half decent connector instead. No harm in it, I know its a common fault on clios and saxos. Citroen just solder them.

Why dont Renault just fit better connectors in the first place :confused:.

Its not like its a rare occurrence is it?

Bumder With A Buffer

WELL I JUST TRIED CLEANING IT WITH CONTACT CLEANER AND WIGGLING IT BUT IT DIDNT GO OFF. SO IT COULD JUST BE GOING OFF RANDOMLY WHEN I BEEN WIGGLING IT

I had the same problem with my old clio on the passenger side so i rang renault and they said turn it off and bring it in as soon as i could otherwise there was a chance that it could go off. They took one look at it and said it was the connector under the seat so i got it done under warrenty. as for the serv light i have no idea.

i have the same problem here !!! mk1 172 as well was think of taking it to renault but i hate the service staff at my local one so im just going to live with it !!!!