ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 and torque steer

Golf 1.4 TSI

since my 24000 mile service my 172 has gone from slow, to wheelspining in 1st and sometimes 2nd and has loads of torque steer, it also feels a hell of a lot faster, i do need new front tyres but it was never like this before the service. any guys have torque steer when accelerating hard?

have it loads tugs it of line when really belting it. so got to be careful if roads are narrow or theres other cars near

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If you still got the contis on, junk em.. I resolved 90% of torque steer and tramlining with a decent set of tyres.

Golf 1.4 TSI

still have contis as they were the cheapest ones not sure what to get next, have to wait till i get my student loan after easter

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Im currently using Uniroyal Rainsports all round and am very happy with them.

VW Potato

yep, my exaltos have almost eliminated the torque steer and tramline. Steerings lovely and fluid now, whereas with the contis it was a bit stodgy.

g

KDF - I have Rainsports on my Cup and find them to have very soft side walls which I find flexes more than the contis, so at the limit the car feels more squidy and unsafe unless thats me. Ive just gone through front tyres in 1000 miles.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I know what you mean Ben, but overall the uniroyals are huge improvement on the contis. Maybe its the stiff sidewall that was causing the heavy tramlining and torque steer.

I run the fronts and backs at a couple more PSI and that seems to have helped, feels very stable if you do 60 and swerve side to side (on a quiet country road obviously)

dosent have traction control!!

Interesting thought though. The tyres wouldnt just start spinning after ths service. There may have been a change made by renault to ecu? or maybe there is an inbuilt instruction for the engine to be allowed to run better after a given milage?