ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Antiroll bar and tca bushs..?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Anyone changed these yet.?

My car has done 35k now and the antiroll bar bushs are knackered. So they need replacing, also i thought i might aswell change TCA bushs at the same time.

My question is has anyone tried the PTFE options for these yet?

And if so are they any good?

And do you need a proper press to do the TCA bushs or can you get them out without. ?

Cheers

Don't bother with aftermarket stuff its all rubish stock are much better. Renault spend loads developing them aftermarket places just get a hard rubber and make it fit.

Its just that since i bought the car from a little old lady and started driving it. Like you should...! stuff wears out quick..!

Already done the brakes all round. fitted proper ones now with all new goodridge, which should last a bit better! and all fresh rubber.

And now it looks like all the running gear is shot. Rear dampers are leaking.

Don't mind but i would just like to replace things which are a bit more hard wearing.

dog bone has Ktec bush kit in it and that seems to be holding its own. so just thought i would do the rest with the same thing.

Its just that since i bought the car from a little old lady and started driving it. Like you should...! stuff wears out quick..!

Already done the brakes all round. fitted proper ones now with all new goodridge, which should last a bit better! and all fresh rubber.

And now it looks like all the running gear is shot. Rear dampers are leaking.

Don't mind but i would just like to replace things which are a bit more hard wearing.

dog bone has Ktec bush kit in it and that seems to be holding its own. so just thought i would do the rest with the same thing.

Stock stuff is fine though. There are good reasons why sme stuff isn't harder. Mounts for a first harder lower mount wears the others out quicker.

Leaking rear dampers- christurbo has a set of front and rear damapers for sale.

Its true..!

Once you stray from the path of standard stuff. you will soon find the next week link.

But i don't wont to have to change things every 6 months. Now i've started i will have to follow it through to the bitter end.

If i had my way i would rose joint the whole thing and be done with it. But then again the rest of the car would fall apart.