ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake Kit

Try Yozasport I think ther e abit cheaper.
Disk are about £60
I'd get the ds2500s (£80) or the stock pads personally for £40 woulnd't bother with anyhting else unless you use it on very hard track work.

Yoz is £123 and as my ABS cuts in far too easy now I can't risk not getting them sorted tomorrow.

This is the finalised setup, I dont need any other pad, been discussed to death lol.

R64276FG BRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST CLIO 172 42.00
R60139 BRAKE DISC-VENT 280mm CLIO 2.0 16V (CB0N) 27.50
R60139 BRAKE DISC-VENT 280mm CLIO 2.0 16V (CB0N) 27.50

£114 inc VAT

I've not included the CS discount either...

Mégane RS
dont get the ebc greenstuff mate, they are ok when warm etc but arnt too cleaver from cold or when you need them basicly, that remindes me i need to change mine lol

ABS has nothing to do with the brakse sounds like you've other trouble if the abs keeps cutting in.

Ok so the pedal felt ABS'esque ;)

Or as Weeman would say Nothing nothing nothing nothing stop nothing ditch... lol

Clio 197
The greenstuff ones won't last very long - ask MarkCup, he's had a pair.

AFAIK, they'll stop you quite sufficiently though!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had greenstuff pads and discs on my PUG 306 , the pads do wear down quick but other than that no problems with em , plus you get fcuk all brake dust on your wheels ;)

Where did you order them from Day ? And for what car ??

Last edited:
omar said:
The greenstuff ones won't last very long - ask MarkCup, he's had a pair.

AFAIK, they'll stop you quite sufficiently though!
Yeah but have you seen the on track mileage he does... I'm not Mark ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Day said:
172/182 Gsf

Are the megane pads and discs the same as the 172/182 ??

I know when i got some front pads and discs for my old 172 they were the same as the lagunas .

Yes, I know what you are refering to, the GSF part numbers are the same and I took the part number from the disks fitted on a friends 182.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Day said:
Yes, I know what you are refering to, the GSF part numbers are the same and I took the part number from the disks fitted on a friends 182.

Just checked on ebc's website , yeah they are the same discs and pads , fcuk me though they are hell of alot cheaper on gsf than ebc's site .

Nice one mate ;)

Mégane RS
yeah got the new compound and there not very good, my old mintex ones on there last legs were better

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Vinnyc19 said:
yeah got the new compound and there not very good, my old mintex ones on there last legs were better

What don't ya like about em Vinny ? I was thinkin of gettin some for my 182 when these are knackered .

I've heard good stuff about the new pads and to be fair they are cheap as chips, plus I dont want to be cleaning my wheels every 3 days like all my mates with PF97 and DS2500's!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've heard good stuff about em too . I never had a problem with the old pads though on the Pug , only thing i did find on the Pug was that the disks warp alot easier than standard disks.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
ds2500's don't give off brake dust like the PF97's. On heavy track work I do get some brake dust from my ds2500's but nothing that a quick wipe over the wheel won't fix, and on the road I've never had any brake dust problems.

I used the new compound EBC green on my old track 205. Definitely rate them, although they do seem to wear quickly!!

Vinnyc19 said:
bite from cold is pretty poor, you need to stamp on the pedal
No problem, I like to warm the car up by swerving and pumping the pedal on the way to work :evil:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I have the new green stuff pads and brembo discs. Seem to work pretty well for me but I have got new calipers too!

Megane225FF
I've got the new greenstuff with Brembo discs..
Greenstuff dont bite as well from cold as OEM's, but then when they're a bit warmer they're miles better than OEM's with slightly less dust.
I'm happy with them.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've never run EBC - green or any other colour.

The pads I had that were proper shite were Tarox Fast Road & Track - one trackday, 1,500 miles, almost down to the metal, with cracks running through the pad material.

Weeman sucks ****
DS2500's all the way, mine have been on for 3 trackdays one of which the ring over about 8 months and still have loads left in them. Good when cold and even better when hot and they don;t make much mess either.

They're spot on Day.