ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake problem, lots of Q's

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
My 172 has started making a bit of a rumbling noise when braking from high speed (80+) from the passenger side. Does anyone think they know what it is? I'm thinking the disk is warped but I've only done 16,000 miles? I also get a bit of vibration/buzzing from the from the front near side when accelerating out of corners sometimes. I noticed that not long after I bought the car(new) though and just put it down to the fact it was a renault.

Will the car pass the MOT like this? as its due fairly soon. You only really notice from really high speeds and the car still stops pretty quickly. Don't the MOT testers just test for brake balance and a minimum braking force?

Anyone got any recommendations for replacments? I don't want to spend loads of money as other than this problem the standard brakes have been fine in terms of feel and performance. Only want to spend about £100 tops for front disks and pads.

When you barka hard does the car pull to one side?
If not then don't worry might just be it needs new pads and or disks.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Nah doesn't pull as far as I can tell and you don't notice anything wrong when driving normally. Only happens if I'm ragging it.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
bump

Would still like to know what Disk and pad combinations people recommend

Depedns stock setups very good an cheap
£60 for disks and £40 for the pads.
DS2500 and brided lines plus good fluid will be superb for track use if you need any more you realy must be absolulty wrecking the car in which case you'll need to accept PF97 or DS3000 or 4 pots but few people on here would ever have any issues with DS2500 pads.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Cheers, I'll probably stick with stock then as I don't get chance to do any trackdays and they do the job. Just a bit dissapointed they warped so soon.