ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brakes Needing replacement!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi my 172 went in for a 24000 mile service with 24500 miles on the clock.

The garage think the front brake pads are 90% worn and need replacing...is 24000 miles for brake replacement on a 172 normal?

Please advise!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

sorry when i did this post, i didnt see the other 172 posting on brakes...didnt mean to do a duplicate...something todo with web browser history updates

Yep, long over due if it was my car!!!

I changed mine at approx 14,000.

Its easy to look yourself and see if they are low on meat.

Garages do tend to err on the side of caution though - so you may have more left than they say - but you dont get huge amounts of time from the point you hear theres something wrong to the point where you have f**ked your disks - so it could be false economy if you dont have them done!!!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

The way mine were at the 12k service Id expect them to be ready for a change by the 24k service.

I have my original cup pads with about 5k on them. I since upgraded to race pads, so if you want them you can have them for a tenner + postage. I also have a set of Pagid OEM pads with 3k miles on them, you can have those for a tenner too if interested. Im based in London

Any garage will changes pads etc if they do not expect them to last until the next service interval (ie 36k). This stops you suing their a55es if your pads wear out between services.

We have got 28k out of the Mk2 172 pads so far and theres still plenty of life left in them. Depends what your driving style is I guess and if you do track days etc. I tend to use engine braking a lot so I guess that helps!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

28,000 on my disks and pads.. just about ready to replace.

Philip - what are you running on your Cup now?

Squirt done 34k & still on original discs & pads...just looking now at replacments....think black diamond?? Any other opinions??

Jaine