ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 brakes

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 07 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 07 July 2003

i think the brakes vary from car to car to be honest - mine are great, although having said that, when they wear they do deteriorate, but i know others have thought theirs are not too hot - sure you arent getting brake fade after thrashing it too much ????!!! ;)
duh!
duh rob

When the pads wear the stopping power deteriates. Just cos the pads are say half worn it doesnt necessarily mean the stopping power isnt as good. So its not a duh thing to say at all.

Well in that case if the pads were worn then they wouldnt deteriate according to you. So once again

Duh!
What? What u on about now. I said when the pads wear it doesnt necessarily mean the stopping power isnt as good. But the point is (from experience) on the 172 that is the case.

dont worry about it, Rob clearly doesnt get the point here!!

well took it out last night and jumped on the breaks and well still not impressed but never mind will get something done when im back off holiday

i think the brakes vary from car to car to be honest - mine are great, although having said that, when they wear they do deteriorate, but i know others have thought theirs are not too hot - sure you arent getting brake fade after thrashing it too much ????!!! ;)
duh!
duh rob

When the pads wear the stopping power deteriates. Just cos the pads are say half worn it doesnt necessarily mean the stopping power isnt as good. So its not a duh thing to say at all.

Well in that case if the pads were worn then they wouldnt deteriate according to you. So once again

Duh!
What? What u on about now. I said when the pads wear it doesnt necessarily mean the stopping power isnt as good. But the point is (from experience) on the 172 that is the case.

dont worry about it, Rob clearly doesnt get the point here!!

Nope. Explain o righteous one.

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 08 July 2003

well took it out last night and jumped on the breaks and well still not impressed but never mind will get something done when im back off holiday
Have you had a proper butchers at the pads?

you even thought about air in your lines..........that leads to a pedal that does nowt.......and its easy to get one you boil the fluid once.

hum will take it back to see the dealer (gives me an excuse to chat to the lass on the parts desk ;))

i had thought about air and thinking about it, it would fit the bill very well no feel and not a sharp responce the kind of feeling i was expecting from what i had heard was kinda like left foot braking when your not used to it straight through the window lol

Yeah but you could just tell the insurers you have uprated discs, on your insurance document isnt that just noticed as an upgrade?

-Rob

seriously thou, if your pads are on the way out anyway, why not just get them changed to the mintex 1144s FRONT AND BACK! and as BenR said get them bled.

The only downside to this is increased disc wear, however it is you that wants the extra performance!

Mine arent so good when first starting off but once they warm up theyre great.

In my old VTS the brakes were always mailto:cr@p">cr@p, cold or warm.

The brakes on the 172 are miles better than the ones on the Williams. Good thing that the Willy handles well, cos the brakes dont slow it down much for the corners....

ya think?

i was out braking rally prepped cars at combe with std discs and pads, with a passenger (big fat rugger laddy too ;)).

they aint that bad, just make sure the lines are clear.

Yep, actually. Driving on the same roads in both cars, the 172 waaaay outstops the Williams. The Willy ones arent quite as bad as I make out, but the braking performance in the 172 is seatbelt tensioningly good in comparison.

dont worry, ill just run the 50m before you need to tackle and rugger bugger a guy.......hehehe

I am mad now!!! I used to like cliosport, but this has got personal!! next time i see you ben you had better start running!!!:mad::mad:

oooooooooooo..........wont take long till u run out of breath!

i can stop have a sandwhich, cup o tea........have a little giggle at your saggy man breasts then keep on running.

oh, and you like to make it personal wouldnt you..............

Busta B........bring it on!!!!!!!!!

You little dick!! You think that you are so good because you can drive fast and play around in posh cars!! Well lets see how COOL you are when I take you wheels off you and leave you lying in the kerb PUNK

hey, wont take much for me to outrun your MG...........

dont be such a c**k and bring irrelevant issues into this, its about you being fat..........

1-2 bam bam, your out B........and u know it!

f**k it, i dont have to put up with this sh*t form a short ass!!!! How can you say anything about my car when you have a tarted up fiesta!!! DICK

cause itll still beat your all show and no go MGBBBBBBBBBHATCH!

throw a punch or shut the f**k up.........

If i could punch you then I would you prick. Dont you get it!! You post all these messages trying to make friends but nobody like you, open your eyes.........

ooooooo..............

if you could punch me, you said it.....but you know youd be out cold before it got to that, joeP..........you jsut got PunkD

put anthrax on a tampax and slap you till you cant stand........

saturday through sunday monday, monday through sunday yo.

selfish!!!!!!!!! whos the one who got all that damn free help and advice!?

jew.

I dont see why i should take this.

Can one of the moderators ban BenR from this forum as you can see how he has abused me.

if you dont then i will get his address a kick the crap out of the little weed.

I am a new user, can someone please tell me if this guy is always like this. I see that he has almost posted 10,000 messages, what a geek!!!