ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 breathing mods

TDI tyre shreader

Howdy i wasnt really going to mod my 172 bcos im trying to keep it a bit more civilised than my last car (205 rallye with a full through exh and carbs!!) but that extra bit of poke never goes amis, what would a decat and panel filter give and possibly a rechip/piggy back? or should i just wait and go for cams/head? dont want TB, exh, ind kit due to the extra noise i like the sleeper effect of the cliosport :D

decat + filter will get you maybe 5~8hp.

But your only at 166hp stock due to Reanult hp classification.

Add an external mapped ECU and you on about 5hp ontop of the 5~8 a decat + filter gets you.

Idd wait and save for cams, head, remap, exhaust cold air intake + filter, and full exhaust, for 190~200hp more with plebham (sp?) and exhaust manifold.

I would go for std airbox, modded inlet manifold and head, cams and a SMT6, and decat..........quiet, but fast!

Quote: Originally posted by TypeRC on 13 April 2004

All RenaultSport products, Ben?
By the way, what is a SMT6?
None of them are Renault sport bits

Head and manifold from BenR (I think)

SMT6 is a trick box which modifies the ECU outputs ie changes the cars fuel injection and ignition timming etc. Its better than a R-Sport or Superchip type deal as it can constantly be adjusted and take account of your engine and mods not just an adverage mapping. Not saying that that superchip or RR-Sorpt are poor but for modifed cars beyond just a remap an external ECU is better.