ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 build quality is sh*t

and why did renault call them a 172
they should be called a clio crap 150 instead
because none of them are 172 bhp

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Shorty, why yuo all ways put your 172 down? As far as i can remeber every post from you is complaining about something on the 172?

Why did you buy the car in the first place? If you dont like the car sell it and get a jap car where the build quality among other things may suit you better.

like it or not there are certain Renault Traits you have to live with......and thats just one of them.

Dont like it............tough sh*t...........and grow up.

u dont need no new spark plugs they are 17 squid each cus there made of the most expensive metal on earth !!!! and will last light years:cool:

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 20 April 2003

Shorty, why yuo all ways put your 172 down? As far as i can remeber every post from you is complaining about something on the 172?

Why did you buy the car in the first place? If you dont like the car sell it and get a jap car where the build quality among other things may suit you better.

like it or not there are certain Renault Traits you have to live with......and thats just one of them.

Dont like it............tough sh*t...........and grow up.
Just incase you missed it........

All Ive learnt from my 6 months at the wheel of a 172, is that they have to be ragged to within an inch of their lives to get their performance. Not my kind of car at all (being used to instant turbo power) but I try not to go around whinging on here about it because I made my choice and Im sticking with it. Its a gorgeous car with all the toys. It may have a few rattles and squeaks, which are annoying, but its hardly a Jag - French cars are always like it.

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 20 April 2003

no and the value of the clio sport 172 is dropping like a lead weight
I know! Cool for those of us who want to pick up a cheap 172 in the near future. :cool:

they shouldt be replaced theyll easy last 70k

all rens drop like a lead weight thats rens 4 ya

oh yes Sir its exclusive

pah 8 months later 10 colour available and a mk2 then a CUP? wtf

if you dont like it why buy it ? i dont like marmite so i have the sense not to buy it.

sounds like another of shortys provocative rants to get everyones back up again

also the lead weight thing is a bit harsh it was about 5th best value holding car in some list i saw with the CTR top

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 20 April 2003

but the engine is superb, you can forget all the little niggly faults when you plant your foot
Why is the engine superb ? is it because it is 2.0 and generates 172bhp. I think the 172 engines sounds and feels rough, it is a good engine, but is no mater peice, not by a long shot ! Honda Vtecs are a superb engine, and master peice of modern technolgy, alfas sound so good ! the french build good chasis not engines !

Btw - i havent got a renault, honda or and alfa !

hmm thats why Renault are several time F1 winners? withs crap engines jonto?

the 172 engine is as strong as an OX although not a masterpiece like the CTRs

Well, if the 16v is anything to go by, then the 172 will not drop in value like a lead weight. You may find the odd tatty 16v for under £2,000 but the majority make in excess of £3-4,000 - thats 30% of what they cost new ten years ago!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 20 April 2003

alfas sound so good ! the french build good chasis not engines !

yummy italian build quality, also known as a forerunner in automotive technology

Quote: Originally posted by 172man on 20 April 2003

hmm thats why Renault are several time F1 winners? withs crap engines jonto?

the 172 engine is as strong as an OX although not a masterpiece like the CTRs
Thats why the renault F1 team have won every F1 since last year too ! ;)

I think i you will fine i said, it was a good engine, just not superb as someone stated earlier !

I love how you guys take it as personal critism

i have a 172 and my dad has a ctr, i have driven both and like them equally for different reasons. clio more toys more character,more chuckable and cheaper.the civic better built, fractionally (and i mean fractionally)quicker, more roomy better driving position. but when it boils down to it i would not be able to pick a favourite they are both good in different ways. give me another 17 grand and ill buy a civic to go with the clio

Fair dues Shorty you must know nothing about cars if you like good build quality and bought a Renault. Surely your nan could have told you that Renaults fall to bits. Go and buy a golf and then go on http://www.golfgtinet.comwww.golfgtinet.com and moan about how slow it is.

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 20 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 20 April 2003

alfas sound so good ! the french build good chasis not engines !

yummy italian build quality, also known as a forerunner in automotive technology
We are talking about engines here, or i am. So you are telling me and everyone reading this post, that italians dont make good engines and the french dont make good chasiss ?

Cause that is what is sounds like !