ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Buyers Checklist

VX220, Shogun
Hi Guys,

I am buying a 172 next month and was hoping for the run down of things to look for.

I know that the exhausts are problematic, why exactly, just fall off? I also understand there is a front suspension issue? I forget...

Cheers.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I'n not sure if you've already viewed the thread regarding this months Evo magazine? If not then go out and buy it as it has a article dedicated to buying a secondhand 172 and what to look for.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi there,i bought my 02 172 in september 05.i think you have to check when putting your foot down hard in 1st gear whether you get a knocking sound from the engine area.if you do i also think it is the engine mounts.this is not an expensive part to get fixed.but it does mean the car has been ragged from a standing start alot.also my exhaust broke about 3 weeks after i bought it.i was gutted.anyway i replaced it with a scorpion exhaust which looks good and sounds sweet.and it was only about £300.apart from that you will buzz off the clio 172.its the daddy......