ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup after a few weeks of ownership :)

172 Cup
Well had the cup over 3 weeks now and I'm so happy with it.

Sorted some of the things that really needed doing...like a good service, feels 100 times better now, 2 of the plugs were nackered and it really needed new oil. Had the gearbox linkage lubricated too as 1st and 2nd was very stiff, much much better.
Also had the power steering sensor(?) plugged back in again, no wonder I was finding it hard pulling off and manouvering.

Got a new piece of plywood to go across the bottom of the boot too as the original one had sagged in the middle, now much neater and can hold weight better too.

I've also had the engine bay properley cleaned by a friend of mine....chemical degreased, pressure washed and dressed. I'm so happy with the results, it was a bit grim before.

It was Supaguarded before I bought it and the bodywork is immaculate which is one of the reasons why I bought it. So far I've washed it and topped it up with Collinite Wax a couple of times

The owner I bought it off wasnt quite as enthusiastic as the guy previous to him, so he didnt see it as his pride and joy, but looked after it reasonably anyway. Now its in my hands it will be treated very well :)

Anyway......here's a few pictures taken over the last few weeks, after washes etc and in various places.....also with my new Sony DSLR camera :)

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

Engine bay sorted..
DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Got the Cliosport Sticker on ;)
DSC00403.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

And here maybe you guys can help me?
Myself and the mechanic I use (who used to be a Renault Technician and is now a Merc Technician) are quite sure the exhaust isnt standard.
Its a lot cleaner than the cat and the downpipes from the engine (suggesting its newer) and it seems reasonably loud. Dont get me wrong it makes an awesome noise but I'm pretty sure its not standard....sooo me being quite new to RS, I cant really tell which make of exhaust is which.
So I took some pics, What do you reckon??.......
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

Anyway I love the car and have a few more plans for it...some Sportlines hopefully, wheels refurbed in Silver (as standard) but maybe some sort of flake so they really shine, uprated front discs and pads, paint the calipers...and probably more. But keeping it reasonably standard

Thanks for looking

Clio 172 RS2
Neat and tidy indeed!
Engine bay looks spotless...

Is there some protective foil over the sidestrip as this is flat / matte?

Looks stunning that mate.

Not to sure on the exhaust but it's not standard because it looks like stainless steel? don't think it's a k-tec stealth though because my k-tec stealth back box is shiny. Maybe it's a custom jobby?

the exhaust definitely isn't OE, but it's not stainless either, so don't think it's the KTEC - maybe an aftermarket pattern exhaust? it'll last longer than Renault's effort anyway

looks lovely - hope you enjoy it

172 Cup
Thanks for all the replies guys :)

Yeah I dont think the exhaust is a K-tec, unfortunately.
Looks like mild-steel rather than stainless maybe?
Well at least it seems slightly uprated and not out of place.
Sounds good though, nice and throaty when you give it some.

I'm loving the cup, fantastic to drive, makes me smile everytime

Audi TT 3.2
looks spot on that does! nice and clean!
when i had my cup the side strips were matt also, ive seen a few and they have been like that!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks gorgeous that buddy! And as said above looks like some kind of stealth backbox :)

172 Cup
Thanks guys!

Hoping to get the wheels refurbed in the next month.
Going for silver again, but maybe with a bit of a flake possibly, so they stand out and shine but still look more or less standard.
Need to get myself a decent panel filter too.

Thanks again for the comments

172 Cup
Fook me them pictures are soo clear! Lovin the CUP ;)

Thanks mate, only used the new SLR on Auto so far, not really had a proper play with it.

Love your car by the way, was reading a thread you put up a few weeks ago of some pics of yours. Looks great. Want some Sportlines for mine