ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Alarm problems!

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Anyone know what the standard 172 Cup alarm is?

Having a few problems with it going off sometimes, unlock the doors with the Renault key and the alarm goes off when you open the door, only does it every now and again but the thing is so bloody loud its really annoying!

Anything i can check? Any common problems?

Thanks

BMW M135i
How quickly are you opening the door after unlocking? The alarm needs a second or so to disarm after unlocking as its piggybacked off the rcl.

I have to keep telling the wife to keep her hands off as she keeps trying to lift the handle the second I press the remote. As above, is about a second or so delay.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Ah really, this could be the problem then. The mrs is always eager to open the door as soon as it unlocks.

Will have a go and see if this is the problem.

Thanks guys

Black Gold Trophy
It is a cobra unit, they are a bit slow and need time to think before you open the door unfortunately