ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Alarm Removal

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All,

I've got a 172 Cup that I've been slowly converting into a track car. At the moment I've still got the alarm sensors on the A-Pillars, mainly because I'm concerned about the alarm going off all the time if I remove them. As it's going to spend the rest of its life on the race track and in a garage, the alarm is pretty much useless. Has anyone got a guide for full removal of the system? I'd really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks
Rhys

IIRC mine are just taped up under the dash. I have no problems with the alarm going off, but I did have to cut some wires to get the dash out and I did suspect these were alarm related as they weren't part of the main loom so that could be why I have no alarm problems lol.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Would also be handy to know. My alarms gay and goes off on its own so I leave it unlocked all the time

172/1.2/E30
ECU and siren is under the scuttle panel. Remove these and anything related (wires, bonnet switch, interior sensors).

As said - under the scuttle panel there is an alarm siren which is also the control box - remove that
The wiring is really s**t as the alarms were added on when the cars were brought into the uk - so it's not part of the renault loom

If you pull the wiring loom for the alarm out you'll find 2 wires go into the fuse box in the engine bay - just for power - then the wires go through into the dash for the LED and sensors. The only place it connects to the standard loom is on the back of the hazard switch to pick up a lock signal

You can remove the whole alarm loom and just bin it - it has no impact on central locking or anything
When I got my car the alarm earth cable had snapped so the whole system was dead. I bought a new alarm from renault and fitted it myself - it only took a few hours to remove the old alarm loom and wire a new one in. You just have to remove the top of the dash to get to the wiring - but that's easy enough :)

I have already cut out all the wiring from within the car that I could reach and am going to do the siren soon. I am hoping that from one direction or the other that I will just be able to pull the remaining cable though?

Clio 182
Any one have a little more clear knowledge and advice on which wires to literally CUT to stop the alarm / disconnect for someone with less technical knowledge as you guys 😏 maybe with photos.??

My 182 alarm keeps randomly going off in the middle of the night 1-4 am and neighbours are going mad.

Anyone know how to lock the lock without the alarm??

Or disconnect / pull a fuse to cut the siren etc???

Anything!!??

182 is different to the 172 alarm system. On the 182, the UCH is configured to see the alarm and so if you remove the alarm it gets more upset. With the 172, you can just unplug it and it'll be happy.

Possibly could pull the siren apart and disconnect the loudspeaker bit?! Or find someone with a CAN CLIP and have the alarm disabled in the UCH.