ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup alternator setup??

Mk2 172
Has anyone got all the part numbers and the list of parts i need to fit the 172 cup alternator setup on my 182??
Thanks
Dan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
7701499959 172 Cup Alternator £95.00
8200031832 172 Cup Alternator Bracket 1 £39.69
7700868118 172 Alternator Bracket 2 £68.32
7700104128 Adjusting Bolt £22.51
7700114730 172 Cup Accessory Belt £13.94

Mk2 172
7701499959 172 Cup Alternator £95.00
8200031832 172 Cup Alternator Bracket 1 £39.69
7700868118 172 Alternator Bracket 2 £68.32
7700104128 Adjusting Bolt £22.51
7700114730 172 Cup Accessory Belt £13.94

thank you :) much appreciated.
is that all i need to fit onto 182 and i guess i can use my powersteering pump and have a new piece of pipe made up?

172 Race Car
Or get it all off a volvo/laguna and still have to get a pipe made up and save loads of money. How many times do i have to tell you?
:banghead:

Cro

Meg'd r27
Barron just bent his pipe into the shape he needed, I did the same... seems grand. Agree with burp though, plenty of lagunas floating about in scrappys and i'm even using a random alternator which appears to be from a megane or something but fits fine.

Mk2 172
Or get it all off a volvo/laguna and still have to get a pipe made up and save loads of money. How many times do i have to tell you?
:banghead:

i dont want the volvo stuff cos i may do the supercharger in the not so distant future and thats no good for that!
I dont want to keep hasslin you about the volvo either cos i know ill nedd u to look at it to check its the right parts on the right car

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If you are going SCin the near future and want our kit i'd leave the stock setup :)

Mk2 172
If you are going SCin the near future and want our kit i'd leave the stock setup :)

because u need the cup setup for the omex stuff if thats what i go for and i want to fit the big panel on my bodies in the time being. and i also like the idea of it all being original equipment.
im not sure which supercharger kit to go for yet cos i like the omex management

Mk2 172
Barron just bent his pipe into the shape he needed, I did the same... seems grand. Agree with burp though, plenty of lagunas floating about in scrappys and i'm even using a random alternator which appears to be from a megane or something but fits fine.

pic of the pipe bent??

Cro

Meg'd r27
The bend, on mine anyway is minimal. Slight bend in a couple of places and a couple of slight twists job done! Don't go nuts with it though because the pipe WILL break!

Mk2 172
The bend, on mine anyway is minimal. Slight bend in a couple of places and a couple of slight twists job done! Don't go nuts with it though because the pipe WILL break!
yeah i guessed it would. i may look for a laguna cos volvos are becoming rarer. is it the 1.8, 8valve i need. cant remember.

Cro

Meg'd r27
I posted something the other day with the part number of the alternator that I got, havnt a baldy notion what its from but it works fine!

Mk2 172
I posted something the other day with the part number of the alternator that I got, havnt a baldy notion what its from but it works fine!

Im going to buy a brand new alternator anyway tbh as the garage i used to work at can get me anyone i want trade and the company that supplys them will have my 182 one in as exchange even if i dont have a clio one :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
because u need the cup setup for the omex stuff if thats what i go for and i want to fit the big panel on my bodies in the time being. and i also like the idea of it all being original equipment.
im not sure which supercharger kit to go for yet cos i like the omex management

So keep your current omex on there then, easy :)

Our kit does not have to keep the stock ECU but there will be a "different" option to Omex which will open a few eyes :)

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I know it is an old topic, but can anyone help me how should I tension the belt on a cup setup?
It says 183hz frequency in manual, but from a smartphone measure, seems white a lot:))