ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Bog Standard, fully serviced 29Kmiles, best mods for 2-3K?

cup 172
Im really new to RenaultSport so sorry if this seems a bit "noob".
Quite simply whats the best mods for 2-3K max on a 172 cup?

Car must drive "nice" as I commute 300 miles a week. Every day I cover Motorway and A and B roads in Scotland, so a competent all rounder is needed.

At the moment the car is totally stock. Don't have any intention of tracking it, just enjoy fast road work on our great uncluttered, gatso free roads.

I have had a look at the Yozza and K-tec websites and the Pistonhead forums as research, but thought you guys might be able to put together a competent package from various areas. Any thoughts?

Audi TT 3.2
k-tec do a few different exhaust systems for them some louder than others and also do different coilovers thats where i would be starting, them maybe the brakes! :)

cup 172
Have to say I did think it would be a bit faster accelerating.
It does feel good in the twisties, turn in and grip are good and steering responsive is ok, just wish it had a bit more urge about it coming out the corners. Didnt help getting ripped by a Golf Gti either!

By default I'm a slow in, fast out man. = old, with kids, pension etc so basically chicken I guess.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say I did think it would be a bit faster accelerating.
It does feel good in the twisties, turn in and grip are good and steering responsive is ok, just wish it had a bit more urge about it coming out the corners. Didnt help getting ripped by a Golf Gti either!

By default I'm a slow in, fast out man. = old, with kids, pension etc so basically chicken I guess.

Perhaps just need to learn how to drive and keep them on the boil. When simmering they're not that quick but when kept on the boil the A-B pace of them is very good imo.

Don't expect to go that much faster for 2-3 k by the way....

172DD Cup
you said you dont want to do track days, but a couple of track days with some driver tuition could be good, it will help you get the most out of the car and you could probably drive it faster then any mods would let you...?

FF Racing Blue 182
you said you dont want to do track days, but a couple of track days with some driver tuition could be good, it will help you get the most out of the car and you could probably drive it faster then any mods would let you...?

good advice