ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Brake Upgrade

Clio 172 Cup
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has the KTR Fast Road Front & Back Brake kit fitted and what their views are as im looking to upgrade this week, or if anyone has any other kit suggestions?

Cheers
M@

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Difficult to say on wear, mine gets tracked so no idea on road wear. But they don't fade on track, standards go off quickly.

b/g 182, meg tourer
for road use - brembo hc discs, goodridge braided lines, dot 5.1 fluid and ferodo premier pads.

for track - all of the above but ferodo ds2500 pads.

one of the best brake upgrades for me tho was changing the standard wheels to oz ultraleggeras believe it or not.

b/g 182, meg tourer
cost for me tbh.
premiers are fine for me on road. cant really handle track tho. only 3 laps then they fall out of the calipers in two bits. lol. and my wallet cant handle paying for 2500's every time. oh and by the way, 2500's are not road legal, they are track only. not that it matters tho. the mot tester would not pick up on it i wouldn't have thought.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
It is just the price that puts people of, but ive got plenty of use out of mine so im not complaining.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would go for 2500's if i had more spare cash but due to now having a mortgage etc , better brake pads are not at the top of my list, especially when the ferodo premiers do a plenty good enough job on road use. it the car is going to see some track aswell as road, go for 2500's without a doubt. if it just purely road, i cant see the point in 2500's.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Are they a lot better than standard then? How quickly do they wear down compared to standard?

Yes much better than standard...

I Have Brembo HC Discs on the front with DS2500 Pads and OEM Discs on Rear with DS2500 pads.

I've done 1 track day and 1 airfield (Brands and RAF Marham) + about 16k on the road and im not even 1/2 way through them TBH

500 Twinair
I ran brembo max and ds2500 for 3 years, and have just changed to hc disc, 182 ferodo pads and fresh fluids. It brakes much better than before.