ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup dampers. Where from?

Clio 172
This topic has been covered to death and I have been searching and reading a fair bit and have a couple of questions. My car was lowered badly and as a result my shocks have seen better days, my bump stops are warn as are my top mounts, everything still works...but it would benefit from a refresh in the future and I'm planning ahead.

So... Part number: 8200681108. Am I right in thinking these are the cup dampers and will fit my 172?!

Where can I buy them from? Renault do them direct do they?

Is it worth getting the cup ones or should I just get standard 172?! I'm running 182 cup coils as the lowering springs needed to go, they were killing the car!

Jack

182 ff
Wolverhampton Renault are the best price for dampers..
not sure if a 172 is like a 182.. but on a 182 the front dampers have a different spacing ,to the 182 cup.. one is 54mm ones 60 mm.
hope I have not confused you again ha

182 ff
look in the discount section at Renault dealers, they have a price list and part numbers for all the stuff you need.

Best place for genuine parts is Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton. Full stop.

He doesn't work for a main dealer, he works as a buyer/seller at something along the lines of the main UK Renault distribution centre for parts. For us this means a few great things:

* He is used to shipping stuff everywhere so postage is not a problem, range of options and cheap
* He's the main distribution centre, so by very nature is likely to have the best range of stock
* He sells parts to garages. i.e. he does the best prices because you get them pre main-dealer/garage markup
* It would seem he knows RS Clio parts like no-one else. Knows what can be bought separately, what comes as a kit, knows typical waiting times for special-order items, knows half the part numbers off the top of his head lol!

It's nice to have a part number in mind, but you really can just phone and ask for the most obscure part for the exact variation of your RS Clio with 100% confidence that the correct item (and not a normal 172, or 182 part etc.) will turn up.

Clio 172
Wolverhampton Renault are the best price for dampers..
not sure if a 172 is like a 182.. but on a 182 the front dampers have a different spacing ,to the 182 cup.. one is 54mm ones 60 mm.
hope I have not confused you again ha

no confusion! The 172 cup and 172 have the same bolt spacing. The 182 is the only one with a different bolt spacing.

look in the discount section at Renault dealers, they have a price list and part numbers for all the stuff you need.

Best place for genuine parts is Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton. Full stop.

He doesn't work for a main dealer, he works as a buyer/seller at something along the lines of the main UK Renault distribution centre for parts. For us this means a few great things:

* He is used to shipping stuff everywhere so postage is not a problem, range of options and cheap
* He's the main distribution centre, so by very nature is likely to have the best range of stock
* He sells parts to garages. i.e. he does the best prices because you get them pre main-dealer/garage markup
* It would seem he knows RS Clio parts like no-one else. Knows what can be bought separately, what comes as a kit, knows typical waiting times for special-order items, knows half the part numbers off the top of his head lol!

It's nice to have a part number in mind, but you really can just phone and ask for the most obscure part for the exact variation of your RS Clio with 100% confidence that the correct item (and not a normal 172, or 182 part etc.) will turn up.

and cheers all, I will drop him a message when I am ready to order. More important jobs to get done first when money lets me!!
Jack