ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup driveshaft sourcing

PH2 172
HI guys,

I've recently developed a clicking noise from the cv joint when on full lock. Renault here in Ireland are looking for €350 for drive shafts.

I'm just wondering if anyone has fitted these shaftec driveshafts? If so, how have they been? I can get them for €150 here in Ireland

http://www.micksgarage.com/search/drive shafts/renault/renault clio/clio mk ii 1998 to 2005/2.0 16v sport (cb0m)/169

Will these fit my car? I've a 172 cup. Thanks guys.

I`ve had a Shaftec shaft for 18 months/12k miles with no problems.
172 cups are the 209`s.
You could investigate the cv joint cv345an.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Can anyone conclusively give me the shaftec numbers for a 172 ph2 none cup? Struggling to get them to cross ref. the reg and the part numbers.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just to say mine arrived the next day (overnight)

However I haven't touched the car to fit them yet, but I saw the replies and thought i'd chuck up a couple of photos.

Only have a spare passenger shaft to compare to a standard item, measured and it's the same length for sure. Will get some of the drivers side once I pull it off the car.

Haven't tapped off the ABS rings yet either, but I noticed my standard shaft has one fitted, seen other Cup's with them too, odd.

View attachment 164281 View attachment 164282 View attachment 164283 View attachment 164284

How did you get on with these after mate?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Hello mate

I didn't have any issues at all. The only people that seem to run into problems is the non 172 Cup's with the drivers shaft rubbing on the block. Hundreds of threads on here about shafts and J&R

Quarter of the price of genuine ones if you can find a set

After my experience, I wouldn’t recommend them. Maybe if you only wanted a cv joint perhaps

Inferno 182 & Saxo
absolutely dire and thats putting it mildly, basically if you have problems with anything supplied by them then forget any warranty replacement or refund. They are in breach of the consumer goods act 2015 yet they are covered by the grey area of proving the fault exists which firmly sits in their camp

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
absolutely dire and thats putting it mildly, basically if you have problems with anything supplied by them then forget any warranty replacement or refund. They are in breach of the consumer goods act 2015 yet they are covered by the grey area of proving the fault exists which firmly sits in their camp

Was yours on a 172 cup fella?

Hello mate

I didn't have any issues at all. The only people that seem to run into problems is the non 172 Cup's with the drivers shaft rubbing on the block. Hundreds of threads on here about shafts and J&R

Quarter of the price of genuine ones if you can find a set

Champion top man, seems worth a punt for £50 a side!

172 cup fine

172 182 Cup Trophy etc. Fine on passenger side. Pages upon pages of problems drivers side. Then there's ABS ring confusion etc but think this was a one off as usually they send two sizes of ABS rings