ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup & Eibach Springs?...

Clio 172 Cup
Can anyone clarify how much fitting Eibach springs (Pro or Sportline) to a 172 Cup will lower the ride, if at all?...

I get the impression that fitting the 172 Eibach Pros will not lower a cup as it already rides lower than the standard 172.

Basically I'm looking to fit some springs that will lower my 172 Cup slightly and provider a slightly tighter set-up without ruining the ride. (I will be retaining the original Cup dampers.)

Anybody know for sure?!...

-H-

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i put the pro line on and the rear sat the same height as the o.e set up......... it stiffens up the ride nicely though, so if your not fussed about the drop, thats the set up for you

i opted for some coilovers in the end as i wanted a nice drop too, but this would have wrecked the reno dampers

cock mobile.
I've got Pro's on my Cup, the front is a bit lower, but not what you'd call a lot.

The rear is the same.

As mentioned, they don't exactly lower the car but they do take out a lot of the body roll.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Had both on the cup..Both very good but the sportlines are better. Plus then get the Koni shocks and you have a great set-up.

Megane225FF
pro's - progressively firmer spring characteristic with increased spring compression
sportline - extremely sporty driving dynamics by a stiffer spring characteristic and shortened spring travel
that b0llox is taken from their website..
I've got Pro's on mine, dropped it a whole 10mm !! Front & back!!

A Fast One!
sh33n said:
I've got Pro's on my Cup, the front is a bit lower, but not what you'd call a lot.

The rear is the same.

As mentioned, they don't exactly lower the car but they do take out a lot of the body roll.

yer but i can still go round corners faster than you with the normal cup suspension :rasp: ;)

Alex

Clio 197
Sportline is the Sportier of the two.

I have them on the 182 - 25-30mm drop front/rear... maybe slightly less on a Cup.

Last edited:
  cock mobile.
Spykee said:
yer but i can still go round corners faster than you with the normal cup suspension :rasp: ;)

Alex

But my car doesn't feel or look like it's going to tip over, lol. :eek:

Weeman sucks ****
I fitted the pros and it raised it, no comment.

Also, take a good look at a side shot of a cup (not std.) with sportlines and you'll see hardly any height change.

172 cups seem to be different to the standard 172's in the spring dept!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Pro's for go and sportlines for show is basically how eibach tend to market them.....the 'sportlines' are aimed at a target audience that want their car to appear aesthetically pleasing.

Lionel Richie
x = an unknown quantity
spurt = a drip under pressure
gary = a ginger southerner trying to be cool

;) (i love you)

Gary G said:
Pro's for go and sportlines for show is basically how eibach tend to market them.....the 'sportlines' are aimed at a target audience that want their car to appear aesthetically pleasing.
Ah, finally someone that understands that just going low isn't the answer! :rasp:

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks all, although I still only feel slightly closer to deciding!

I don't mind admitting that the look of the car (i.e. a bit of lowering) is as important to me as the handling characteristics (the Cup handles pretty damn well already!)...

There seems to be a bit of disagreement as to how much the Eibach Pros and Sportlines lower the 172 Cup (if at all?!). Does anyone else have any experience of either/both of these spring kits on a 172 Cup?...

Also can anyone comment on the handling and ride characteristics of both these sets of springs, in comparison wih one another and with the standard 172 Cup set up?...

Many thanks in advance!...

-H-

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
**BUMP**

OK, so it looks like Eibach Pro's don't lower the car at all (well some say it can actually raise it and others say it loweres it slightly, so we'll call it no lowering on average then!...) but stiffen up the ride slightly and take out some of the body roll.

Does anyone out there actually have a 172 Cup with the Eibach Sportline springs and original OEM dampers? If so what sort of drop does this set up give and what is the handling/ride like in comparison with the original set up?

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question?!... Does anyone out there have a 172 Cup with a different set up of third party springs and original OEM dampers that does give a slight drop in ride height (maybe 20 - 30 mm or so, especially at the front) and tightens up the handling and body roll slightly too, without killing the ride. If so please shout if it's worth me considering!...

TIA!...

Lionel Richie
i've fitted and driven on every available spring for the 172/182's

APEX i love
Sportline are second in the list