ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup front track...

340i
iirc the 172 cup from track is 20mm wider than a normal sport..

How is this acheived, what components give the extra width?!

340i
meeeh I know a local lad breaking a 172 cup.. Just curious ;)

wishbones different, I was wanting them to build up a new
set, orange wishbones?!?!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Did you not see my post, its the wheels that give the extra track, or is this some sort of twilight zone?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Danny spreading his lies!! ;)

hmmm I am confused now aarrrggghhh

I quote

20mm Track increase....... New wheel rim offset for greater cornering potential ;)
3 Degrees castor angle increase
3mm (lol) lower
Higher front spring rates

Lionel Richie
Did you not see my post, its the wheels that give the extra track, or is this some sort of twilight zone?!

nope!

20mm wider front, 10mm wider rear

the 172 cup has different front hubs and different rear stub axles

PLUS the wheel offset thing

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nope!

20mm wider front, 10mm wider rear

the 172 cup has different front hubs and different rear stub axles

PLUS the wheel offset thing

Really?!

Well you learn something new every day!

340i
Meeh sack that idea off!!

But the wishbones will all be the same, yes?

Dave I'll see what the guy has got and give you a call ;)

I have 1 x 172 Cup hub, and 1 x Ph1 172 hub on mine at the moment, both are identical.......there is no difference at all.....My wheel definitely isnt sticking out further either...

Plus im running a cup driveshaft on the Ph1 172 hub side, and a 172 Ph1 driveshaft on the Cup hub, it all fits perfectly....

From my research on driveshafts (mainly because of issues whiteleys had) I found from physically comparing the different shafts myself (172 ph1, 172 ph2 and 172 cup) there were all the same length....only 182 was different because of the bearing on the back of the block...

The wishbones are the same dimensions too, from checking these at the same time. The only difference with those is some variants have different castor (positioning of the balljoint holes) it seems.....

340i
I am popping into Renault today...

I will compare the part numbers / get them checked on the diags :)

got them all in a spreadsheet on my PC at home with numbers and dimensions, if youve not got them later il post it up...

Also just remembered that ive got some 172 cup hubs in the garage, and ph1 hub with a shot bearing...if you want some comparison pics let me know...although there is nothing different.