ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Full Cat Back System Which Gives The Best Bhp Gain??

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont beleive its ever been proved.......

forum myth ;)

lol i think it comes from people saying yeah its the best exhaust ive ever had... then when asked what other systems they have had the answer is errrrrr standard one lol

have a look into
Powerflow
blueflame
JP exhaust
GDIs new ones
Yozzasport too though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are all poop imo, all loud and resonate. I wish BTB made a 172 version, as i think its the only one thats worthy. :)

R

rich[182]

Over the past 2-3 months it seems to have become fashionable for aftermarket exhausts to be 'dissed', The std exhaust costs 50% more than even the cheapest aftermarket system, has only 12mths warranty and sounds s**te, it also weighs about 7kg more than an afternarket one, I looked at mine when it came off and it's very poorly made imo

It's not like your ever going to get upto 20bhp extra like you can get on a scooby or evo so imo it just comes down to a budget, noise and look of the tailpipes, surely difference between a £300 and a £600 is 1-2bhp at best on a N/A engine thats already pushing out a decent output to start with

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nah, i've always said it ;). There is much better out there for the 182 mind. The janspeed, BTB, milltek would get my vote.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well actually for performance i would say that wolfrace exhasuts are great, they aren't loud, and they are cheap, and made much more performance to my car, stoopidly i sold it and brought a blueflame, (just for a style change) and i instantly noticed a power loss

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
gains on a catback will be so minimal you wont notice. unfortunately all the rs exhausts are boomy, some just a lot more than others (depending on bore size/decat/manufacturer), speaking to Charlie at Prospeed its just the way the rs is. wouldnt bother with a blueflame or powerflow.

M2 Competition
They're all much of a muchness.

Get whichever one you like the look of, sound of, and suits your wallet mate.

Chocolate Bar™
who cares about the extra 1-2bhp when the yozzasport system sounds sooo nice. if i had the money again i'd definetely buy another one without any question.

having had plenty of exhausts i would avoid powerflow unless you want a stealth system as thats all they're good at in my opinion.

Go with what you can afford, there is little point in recommending a YS system if its out your budget and you can only afford a blueflame. Also check the warrenty offered too, again there is little point getting a system from x. if it gives you a extra 5bhp but falls apart next month.