ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Full lock noise?

Clio 172 cup
Hello my Cup makes a funny noise on full right lock, i read somewhere that is a common problem. What is it and how do u cure it?

Cheers
Rich

Clio 172 cup
This is where i saw it but im still not sure what you have to do

From 172cup.co.uk

Knocking noise when turning / on full lock Problem: Many Cup owners report a loud creaking/knocking noise when on full lock, particularly at low speeds when turning onto a driveway for example.

Cure: Quote "Technical Bulletin (TI) 1505" to your local Renault Dealership, they can then look this up and it will explain the work they need to carry out. The name of the problem is ""Knocking Noise From Front When Turning". Essentially they modify the shape of the strut top into an egg shape to stock the knocking. Its important that they then rust-proof as bare metal will be exposed. Sadly many Cup owners have reported that the work done has not cured the problem but if you are fortunate it should give you the required results.

Cost: Under warranty this is free as its a known problem that was never cured by Renault at production stage. Once the warranty has run out some people have been quoted nearly £300 for the work. However as its a known and common fault with the vehicle you may be able to negotiate with your dealer.

172 Cup
172rich said:
This is where i saw it but im still not sure what you have to do

From 172cup.co.uk

Knocking noise when turning / on full lock Problem: Many Cup owners report a loud creaking/knocking noise when on full lock, particularly at low speeds when turning onto a driveway for example.

Cure: Quote "Technical Bulletin (TI) 1505" to your local Renault Dealership, they can then look this up and it will explain the work they need to carry out. The name of the problem is ""Knocking Noise From Front When Turning". Essentially they modify the shape of the strut top into an egg shape to stock the knocking. Its important that they then rust-proof as bare metal will be exposed. Sadly many Cup owners have reported that the work done has not cured the problem but if you are fortunate it should give you the required results.

Cost: Under warranty this is free as its a known problem that was never cured by Renault at production stage. Once the warranty has run out some people have been quoted nearly £300 for the work. However as its a known and common fault with the vehicle you may be able to negotiate with your dealer.

Been through this saga with my car. Renault carried out the work and the noise went for about 4 days and came back again. It's just something you have to get used to.

.Griff. said:
Been through this saga with my car. Renault carried out the work and the noise went for about 4 days and came back again. It's just something you have to get used to.

I take it that if you can live with it, its not doing any damage/harm to your car. Mine does it but I'm not convinced that Renault would fix properly