ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup handbrake cables part numbers

Clio 172 Cup
Had a quick search and cant find anything for definite. Anyone know the part numbers or which handbrake cables will fit 172 cup?
Got a euro one a while back. Tried fitting today and its short.
Cheers.

Clio 172 Cup
Excellent cheers. Im sure the pagid one i bought was the same length as ph1 but its obvs a piece of crap and dosnt fit. Hopefully genuine will sort it.

dan's cast offs.
the pagid euro do used to fit but they started using non colour coded ones and they don't fit. firstline ones fit though.

Clio 172 Cup
So the equivalent size in first line will be ok? I can get them from a motor shop just in town no probs. The pagid one was 1380mm so called the right one thats for ph1

PH2 172
This one has been running for far too long!

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/snapped-brake-cable-replacement-172cup.469168/

Why (other a change of supplier) would a 182 have different cables to a 172?

And why would a 172 Cup have a different length LH cable to standard 172`s?

Snooping through Partsou, all 182`s have a RH cable 820028260, and a LH cable 8200228347

Every single Ph1 & Ph2 172 has a RH cable 6000073734, and with exception of one application, the LH cable is 600073733.

The exception for the LH cable is part number 600073540, and as a genuine part , that is No Longer Available NLA.

In the above CS link, someone suggested Renault changed the inner/outer cable length relationship, or at least I think that is what they meant.

Aftermarket suppliers may have been thrown by this, and made a pigs ear of it.

I`m going to have a stab in the dark here, and say that if you fit a pair of cheaper genuine 182 cable`s, you won`t have any problems?

Any knowledge (knowledge, not guesses please) to support or counter this would be welcome, as I have not looked into any variations of the handbrake lever itself, or it`s positioning on the on the shell floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172 Cup
Ended up going for gen renault for 172 to save messing about. Hopefully they will fit no probs.

Clio 172 Cup
Just to update for others who may be after handbrake cables for a 172 cup. Genuine 172 cables fit perfectly. The euro pagid one was too short. They worked until the ratcheting mechanism in the handbrake handle decided to sheer its teeth....

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hello
Does anyone use 182 pair on a ph2 172? As I really need one cable:)
Thanks

Yes I have fitted both cables from a 182 on my ph2 172 cup. They are exactly the same and are cheaper too. And they were OE direct from Renault Wolverhampton.