ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, No speedo + EML

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
Hi guys,
Got a fault with my 172 Cup.
It's got the EML light on with the faults being for O2 Sensor and Throttle Position Sensor. I've tried another pedal and throttle body neither of which have an effect on the codes.
On top of this, the speedo doesn't work either which suggests it's a different issue rather than the individual components.
Just wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be before I take it to someone.

(engine etc are out of my old Cup and it had none of these faults prior to breaking it)

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
Check the white plug in the engine bay fuse box. Also worth checking the earths. There’s one that bolts on to the gearbox that’s prone to breaking.
Cheers, they were my initial go to but gearbox earth is good and so is the white plug (i changed the engine bay loom for another reason but same combo of faults has been there for both).
No electrical warning light either so I'm at a loss haha.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers, they were my initial go to but gearbox earth is good and so is the white plug (i changed the engine bay loom for another reason but same combo of faults has been there for both).
No electrical warning light either so I'm at a loss haha.
Check the wiring for the O2 sensor mate. They can rub through and short out on the body.

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
So interestingly I discovered Carly does renaults. Plugged it in and it came up as an ecu communication error. To my surprise its actually cleared it!
Fault still exists but light is gone.
Airbag light to fix next.
IMG-20211130-WA0057.jpegScreenshot_20211130_201311_com.iViNi.bmwhatLite.jpg