ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup not revving past 3k and warning light on

172 Cup
It happened this morning whilst driving enthusiastically and no matter what gear I was in the car would not rev past 3k rpm. A warning light appeared just below the petrol warning light. I stopped the car and turned the engine over again. The light went off and normal service was restored. The same thing happened again this evening and again once I stopped and turned the engine over again it was the same. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did exactly the same.

I got a 2nd hand throttle body for about £30 off a member on here, swapped it over in 5 minutes (4x botls and 1x electrial plug) and it's been fine ever since.

It's limping because it doesn't know where your throttle is...so it's either the pedal sensor or the throttle body...as it was for me it's normally the throttle body that's at fault.