ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup OIL and STOP light coming on!

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Another day, another issue...

The car runs really well after it's RR tune last week but now I have the STOP and OIL lights coming on and off whenever it feels like it. Oil level is fine and when the key is turned to the ignition position without starting I get the 'OIL OK' message displayed. The lights go on and off when driving.

Would I be right in assuming that I may have a faulty oil pressure switch? I think it's at the front of the engine near to where the knock sensor is (this was changed last week during the RR session) but I don't touching it would have caused this new issue. Car is on 127k.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Another day, another issue...

The car runs really well after it's RR tune last week but now I have the STOP and OIL lights coming on and off whenever it feels like it. Oil level is fine and when the key is turned to the ignition position without starting I get the 'OIL OK' message displayed. The lights go on and off when driving.

Would I be right in assuming that I may have a faulty oil pressure switch? I think it's at the front of the engine near to where the knock sensor is (this was changed last week during the RR session) but I don't touching it would have caused this new issue. Car is on 127k.
I was going to say Oil Pressure switch. Happened to my old 182.

helpimonfire

ClioSport Club Member
  '06 197 & '03 172
I'd put money on it being the oil pressure switch. I haven't had this on my 172 but my 197 did it, normally on the cooldown lap on track which wasn't terrifying at all...

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks for the info. I did consider having this done by Birchdown when it had it's major service.

DOH!
Is there any oil under the front of the car? I've had my oil pressure switch replaced - oil was leaking out it and there was a small puddle on the ground. I didn't see any warnings on the dash though.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Considerably cheaper on eBay (same part #).

IMG_5260.jpeg

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Is there any oil under the front of the car? I've had my oil pressure switch replaced - oil was leaking out it and there was a small puddle on the ground. I didn't see any warnings on the dash though.
I haven't seen any new spots on the floor. I was underneath the car a few weeks ago and there does seem to be the usual weep from somewhere but I couldn't pin it down. It be from the sump gasket.