ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup or 182 Cup, what would you do?

clio 200 F4Rt
Hey guys.

After i sell my Impreza i will be returning to the clio fold (wish i never left!! lol)

Now here is whats been playing on my mind.....

I was all set for a 182 Cup in Racing blue.

Then it dawned on me, i could get a 172 Cup, and with the money saved get it resprayed in white :D

From then on, whichever i own will become a proper fast road/track car, with buckets, roll cage etc etc etc.

So what would you do? 182 or 172 and a respray?

lets have your opinions!

255 V6 Black Gold
if your going to strip / track it

172 cup all the way

save you money, and half the job been done already

clio 200 F4Rt
wheels, cage etc would all be done black too.

so keeping with the normal black/white theme of my cars past and present!

IMG_8137vi-vi.jpg

Clio 182 Cup
you'd be driving my Racing Blue now and that impreza would be on my drive if i wasnt buying a house grrrr.... think 172 cup should be the way forward its raw and ready for track action and would look FIERCE in white!!

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
i would go for a 182 coz if your stripping it then they will weight the same anyway, the 182 you have a little more power, the 182 cup suspension has wider track and mor camber etc, therfore should be better around track. if you wern't stripping it then i would have gone for 172 cup.

172 cup but not in white... get it done in something like acid green on the Mk2 V6

white's been done, several times.

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
182 benefits from a 4-2-1 manifold and a 200cell cat rather that 300 cell, thats basically where the power improvements are.

Its all down to personal choice though, you also have a twin exhaust on the 182 or if you prefer stealth then you cant see the exhaust on the 172.

lift number 1 @ btm
^ agreed, the 182 just has a few alterations. the 172 has a whole range of weight savings. even down to thinner glass i believe?

clio 200 F4Rt
i used to have a 182 Cup before my Impreza, so i am familiar with them.

some good info and idea's guys.

keep it coming!

80MPG BEEZA
looks pretty cool that acid green! i'd go a purple or something though, i just got my gf a 182 cup in racing blue and it seems nippy enough compared to mine

clio 200 F4Rt
not really into metallics and pearls. like my solid colours.

Tho the idea of like a dark solid grey kinda gets me thinking?!?!

Tho i do have a strong thing for white!

lift number 1 @ btm
i think it is slightly metalic, but it is definately a vag colour. pvw did their rallye in it and it looked sick!

VRS
i would get the 172 cup but wouldnt bother spending money on a respray, especially in white, whites been done a fair few times now, have you considered buying an old cup racer?

clio 200 F4Rt
if u r going on track do it in style get a R1 bike then feel the power

seen too many dead bikers at the 'ring and on open roads thanks. So will never own one for my own safety.

plus i dont wanna look like a power ranger!

clio 200 F4Rt
i would get the 172 cup but wouldnt bother spending money on a respray, especially in white, whites been done a fair few times now, have you considered buying an old cup racer?

want something road legal from the outset. Plus it would aslo be a daily driver, so a Sadev with rebuilds etc etc wouldnt be ideal.

Also i wanna build a car again myself, rahter than buying off the shelf done.