ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup question

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
have a service coming up and i think i mite need some new front discs/pads. my brother has just had some on his 53' clio 1.4 16v and he was quoted £270+fitting from my reno garage(he went somewhere else). this got me worried how much there going to charge me for my 172 cup????
if its going to be that much then ill be better off getting some upgraded ones from yozzasport etc and get a mate who works at a garage to fit them!

if anyone has had theres replaced or have upgraded there brakes any help would be much appriciated.

cheers

davo

ps i did a search but cudnt find much!

cock mobile.
Defo get some parts elsewhere.

Even if you get standard parts it will save you a packet.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
cheers sh33n, am getin pulled more and more towards the trackday package on yozzasport but not sure about the pads, heard the dust is a fcuker to get off ur wheels!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dave, i went for Black diamond Grooved discs, renaultsport pads, and the brake dust is non existant and the stopping power is ten times better than standard!
I got the pads from work (about £25) and got the discs from www.motorsportworld.co.uk for about £150. Fitted by a mate for £20!!
Can't go wrong for the money!!

Weeman sucks ****
I've got the ferodo DS2500's and Brembo standard discs and they're excellent. Don't make any extra dust than standard either.

Fitting them is quite easy too.

cock mobile.
^ That's what I'll be getting next I think.

Got my first MOT next week and we'll see how much are left on the current pads (Tarox).

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
cheers dan, will look in to them! is the renaultsport pads the same as wots on the car now?
cudnt believe the quote we got from city motors for the front discs and pads.
chris172cup how is the wear on the pads, do they wear down quickly?

Weeman sucks ****
Not at all, they've been on for about 7-8 months now and have done Bedford the other weekend. Still loads on them.

But, being a performance pad they do squeek if you punish them. Just sounds like a racer to me which I like.

p.s. Had the Goodridge lines fitted too, well worth it.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
nice, that kit does sound more appealling than gettin it all from different places. gettin them checked by another garage on thursday when i get the tracking done so ill no if i need new ones or not!
quite hoping i do so i can get some nicer ones!

Weeman sucks ****
Some garages will tell porky's, be warry.

Easy to check yourself mate. How much of a lip is on the edge of the discs?

DC5
davo172cup said:
cheers sh33n, am getin pulled more and more towards the trackday package on yozzasport but not sure about the pads, heard the dust is a fcuker to get off ur wheels!
I have got the trackday package, even though I haven't ever used them on a track (yet), I just wanted some better brakes. They squeak, but imagine any track brakes will. The dust has ruined my front alloys though.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
the lip is about 2mm all round, front and back! had my pads replaced this time last year.
thats the only thing im worried about bezza, dont want my alloys being ruined!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
davo172cup said:
cheers dan, will look in to them! is the renaultsport pads the same as wots on the car now?
cudnt believe the quote we got from city motors for the front discs and pads.
chris172cup how is the wear on the pads, do they wear down quickly?

Yeah, the renaultsport ones are standard... Its only the discs that are different.

Chris, those brakes are amazing, ive felt them, but every person i know whos had them have had theyre alloys ruined...

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
I've recently gone for the ds2500 and brembo discs with goodridge hoses (yozza package). Definitely worth it for the money (less than £200) and no worries over brake dust :) Will be put to the test next wednesday at Cadwell!