ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup seat swop

Fiesta ST3
hello all,

am I right in thinking that to swop my cup seats over to 182 seats, that all I need to do is undo the 4 bolts underneath the car? Lift old seats out // drop new seats in?

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Jonny

Fiesta ST3
Sorry to resurrect this again, but my airbag / serv light is on.

Am i right in thinking it should NOT be for the 182 seats as the cup seats did not have airbags in the first place?

Jonny

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have cobras in mine and just stuck a resistor from Maplin in whatever plugs were left over. Not seen the lights since.

Fiesta ST3
Do you have a cup? If you do it makes sense that i will also need resistors.

What size did you get mate?

Thanks for the info

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah got a cup. 3.3 Ohm I think, will need to check. Were only like 30p each.

Fiesta ST3
Ace, thanks for the help mate, im slightly worried about this (mot at the end of the month).

I also see that your not too far away from me :)

Fiesta ST3
Yeah im from churchtown. Have you ever been to the large ish co op? Ive seen a berg cup there once or twice.

Ill post a couple of pics up of the leads i have coming out of the car.

Thanks buddy

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nah hardly ever go Southport anymore. Another iceberg cup? I've seen an Iceberg 172 around with some funky looking seats around the 'sco tho. I used to belt around round Crossens/Churchtown years ago when I was seeing some nutjob in Crossens, I was in a black ph1 172 with black ph2 wheels. Was a few years ago now tho.

Fiesta ST3
Ok so under my passenger seat i have this.

These are the only wires under the seat

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342123025079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342123025079.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 41

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No idea mate! I'd just sack the wires off and plug in the resistors like on that thread I linked!

Fiesta ST3
When you say sack the wires off, do you mean just unplug them and put the resistors in?

Im a massive n00b when it comes to electrical stuff

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah. Plug in the resistors to the looms from the car as shown in -J-'s pics and leave the plugs from the seats unplugged.

Fiesta ST3
Ive had a look at the guide and it seems simple enough. Ill have a crack after work with my mechanic friend.

Thanks for the help and ill update you with how i get on!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Super duper! I'd get the maplin 3.3 ohm ones as I heard people getting some off Ebay and they didn't work. Can' t remember what the spec difference between them is but the maplin ones work.

Fiesta ST3
Ok so ive got some resistors and have attched them. But i have no idea if i have attached them in anything approaching the correct way.

Heres some pics, top is passenger side.

uploadfromtaptalk1342189821560.jpg

now i know i dont need 2 in each black thing i was just trying to eliminate the variables.

please help :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342189842946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342189842946.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 29