ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup spring Freshen up! PIC HEAVY

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
It has been a way too long since ive posted anything or put up any pics of the Cup, so thought id do a rundown of things i have done to get the car ready for spring summer (been meaning to do it for ages but havnt had the time!)

id recently replaced the rear pads and discs and rear shocks (all genuine Renault parts) and the plan is to keep the car as standard as possible.
so 1st thing i needed was 2 new rear tyres, but as the fronts on it were some crappy 'Accelera'??!! jobbies and i didnt want 2 more of them on the car i thought i might as well replace all 4. After some research on here and other forums i decided to go for the Hankook V12 Evo's. Seemed to be the better all round tyre and so far i cant fault them. 2nd thing on the list was to get the Turinis refurbed, they werent too bad but wanted them looking spanking again so ordered the tyres and when they arrived sent the whole lot down to Wicked Wheels in guilford....

soo in the meantime i took advantage of the car being up on axle stands to give the arches a good clean and paint my calipers
DSCF0973.jpg

before
DSCF0944.jpg

after
DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

used Muck Off and then treated arch liners to some AG vinyl and rubber care

calipers next, decided to go for silver hammerite as looks clean and more 'OE' imo.
good clean 1st with wire brush then paint
DSCF0974.jpg

then after a much needed wash, wax and polish i decide to have a go at headlight correction as they were looking a bit scuffed
DSCF0971.jpg

started with 1200 wet and dry, then 1500 and used Megs scratch X to polish by hand...... nearly killed me! after an hour and a half of polishing 1 light it came out quite well but didnt get time to do the other one, its on the to do list! might need help or someone with a rotary!
DSCF0970.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

Wheels came back from Wicked Wheels, tyres fitted, balanced etc and was really really happy with the result! cheers to mr ******* for sorting that out!:star: (u no who u r!)
DSCF0984.jpg

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF0986.jpg

once id got the wheels fitted and with some new locking wheel nuts and new 17mm nuts(cheers nick172cup) just makes it all look nice and fresh:cool: took the car for a quick spin round the block to check everything was ok...... wich it wasnt! kept feeling a pumping sensation under my foot when braking and upon inspection at the side of the road, discovered quite a few fragments of metal on the inside of the alloy! so nursed it home and got it jacked up, 11.30 at night and feezing cold! to discover this was the problem.....
DSCF0990.jpg

DSCF0989.jpg

disc looked fine on the front face but the back face was completely shot to bits! next day ordered some new Brembo HC discs which arrived the day after and fitted striaght away.

finally i got a chance to drive it and bed the new brakes and tyres in! so did the rounds at a few locations day and night and took some pics!

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg
DSCF1083.jpg

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

next on the list it to get 2 new topmount bearings, fit the new renault exhaust system as the one on it is getting a bit ropey! find a std front badge hopefully get a few minor scratches sorted (want it to be as near mint and std as possible) and get it serviced. does anyone know a good place in Buckinghamshire or nearby for Renault servicing??

sorry for the big post and if your bored by the time youve got here! any comments welcome!

yeh thats the 1 m8, the pink stuff in the bottle. also used muck off brake cleaner on the calipers/discs before painting, top stuff!

rb182 cup
lookin very clean...defo gotta get my wheels refurbed...been quoted £40 per wheel,which i think is not bad

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks mint as! But looks high, and that's coming from someone with 15s on standard suspension.

lol yeh it does look like it sits high sometimes, usually when its parked up. was tempted to drop it 40mm, but agen, want to keep it all std. next on the list will be fit exhaust, new number plates, '172' pillar sticker replacement, take out toe eye lol