ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Suspension???

RENAULT CLIO 172 CUP
Hi,
My Cup has covered 60k now & I am thinking about upgrading the original suspension especially if I'm going to keep it long-term.
I do occasional track days (maybe 1-3 times a year) and only 6k per annum in total as it's only used for my commute.
Can anyone recommend a suitable suspension kit for my Cup?
I have a budget of £300-400 to buy the kit.
Cheers.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I'm looking for the same kind of thing, put a thread up on here too asking for feedback on coilovers up to about £600 worth but not had anyone respond....

There are a few threads with good feedback about the new Ktec Racing KTR coilover kit, which comes within your budget, I'm considering a set myself but doing a little more research first:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2853

I currently have a set of Eibach Sportline springs for mine, gives the car a little cosmetic and centre of gravity enhancing drop, and the springs are much nicer than the standard ones with less 'crashyness' over bumps etc but handle very nicely indeed, gives me the confidence to push the car a bit more. Good stuff and reccomended on here a lot! They work out about £145ish:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2469

Rob

V-Maxx from JMS, the cost £400 fitted;) Were in Wolverhampton are you from, seen a few nice cups in Wednesfield.

New set of original Renault dampers - £216.20 (from K-Tec), and enough money left in your pocket for a couple of trackdays?

If you believe that you're a better driver than the RenaultSport engineers who set up the car, and have extracted everything possible from the car on its standard suspension, then upgrade; otherwise replace the dampers with standard items and keep your money.

I just replaced the standard dampers on my Cup with a new set, and the car is transformed. You won't realise how worn the old ones are till you replace them.

New set of original Renault dampers - £216.20 (from K-Tec), and enough money left in your pocket for a couple of trackdays?

If you believe that you're a better driver than the RenaultSport engineers who set up the car, and have extracted everything possible from the car on its standard suspension, then upgrade; otherwise replace the dampers with standard items and keep your money.

I just replaced the standard dampers on my Cup with a new set, and the car is transformed. You won't realise how worn the old ones are till you replace them.

Just ordered 2 front dampers myself yesterday, ive got some prolines sat in the garage also waiting to be fitted.

Would you recommend replacing the rear dampers at the same time? and what about the top mounts, ive heard they last forever?