ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup to v6

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
hi looking for a bit of help and advice. i currently have a 172 cup and am thinking about get a v6 in its place.

just wondering if anyone has done this swap and if it is really worth it.
and if the performance and road presence are as good as people say.

also looking for insurance companies to try if anyone has any suggestions bearing in mind i am 21 and i no insurance companys can be a wee bit nasty

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm 23 and did a quote on a v6 with Admiral, it was £1300. That wasn't as bad as I was expecting with 3 points and 3ncb, but still alot!

Renault Laguna Coupe
a4ndy said:
hi looking for a bit of help and advice. i currently have a 172 cup and am thinking about get a v6 in its place.

just wondering if anyone has done this swap and if it is really worth it.
yes it is. I swapped my 172 for a V6 255 and never regretted it for a moment :D
and if the performance and road presence are as good as people say.
yes they are :D

also looking for insurance companies to try if anyone has any suggestions bearing in mind i am 21 and i no insurance companys can be a wee bit nasty
Tesco wanted double what I was paying for my 172. Ended up with Norwich Union Direct - was just a couple of hundred more than the 172.

172cup
DO IT!!!

i have no informative, technical, or suggestive answer...

... just do it, and worry about all that later. V6's bring out the sex wee in all of us

M

M7CUO_V6

Im 22 got my mk1 v6 about 5 months ago after a valver, its road presence, sound and looks are amazing, the car turns everyones head. Perfomance is pretty good too.

The only bad(ish) points are the lack of pasengers you can carry, boot space and its BIG thirst for petrol, but you can live with that.

Ive got 2 years ncb, my best quote, on confused was with 'more than', £1050, thats with my girlfriend as a named driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
d.brown said:
DO IT!!!

i have no informative, technical, or suggestive answer...

... just do it, and worry about all that later. V6's bring out the sex wee in all of us

PMSL! that is just the sort of thing i do! Do it now and worry about it later.

You want a V6? then buy a V6.