ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup turbo 0-100 times?

NOTHING
does any know / have the time a 172 cup would do 0-100mph if fitted with the low pressure turbo from k tec? about 210bhp

Lionel Richie
i would hope they would break into the high 13sec 1/4mile bracket, but NA cups have been doing that for years a quick clio will be doing 100 past the finish line

NOTHING
what would you need to do to get a n/a cup to do 13/14sec 0-100 ? i just thought you would have to spend a lot more money to get that performance from a n/a engine....

MERCEDES CLS AMG
what would you need to do to get a n/a cup to do 13/14sec 0-100 ?

Tim0172 ran an r-sport ECU / Decat and a viper with a stripped out interior. He ran a 13.99 @ 103mph.

I had a similar set up but fitted to a 1.2 shell with 172 cup running gear. I ran a 13.9 without gas and a 13.4 with gas ( 50 hp jet ) + prog controller.

A lot of it is down to driving skills

NOTHING
mine is a road car so will be keeping all the interior, but am very keen to get my car running 13/14 sec 0-100 as this is a respectful time and should be able to give other new hot hatches a run

Nippy white cup
Yeah a well launched 190bhp stripped will get 14secs or just under 0-100. I would hope a low boost turbo would get slightly more although launching might be slightly more difficult...probably 13.5s 0-100 imo

Chris

320d
MarkCup's Cup must be doing 100 in 13-14 seconds and he only has basic breathing mods and a remap. Ok it is stripped bare but to get those types of figures you don't need ITB's or boost.

Nippy white cup
whats yours running on the 1/4 Chris?

Well with just the rears out and an open ik, decat, exhaust and rsport ecu I got a 14.17 @ 97.5mph. I have only run it one day with current mods and got a 14.2 @ 98.5mph. I was really please with the terminal speed as 1mph is quite a jump but the only problem I did have was when it was remapped he lowered the limiter from standard so I was basically short shifting by about 1000rpm. I wouldn't mind running it again now but as it is just a track car I don't want to risk blowing the box or similar...might give in sooon tho lol

Chris

NOTHING
what is the feeling off getting a set of cams? how much bhp could you expect to gain? could you run a set on the stanard ecu, would it run lumpy

53 Clio's & counting
Well with just the rears out and an open ik, decat, exhaust and rsport ecu I got a 14.17 @ 97.5mph. I have only run it one day with current mods and got a 14.2 @ 98.5mph. I was really please with the terminal speed as 1mph is quite a jump but the only problem I did have was when it was remapped he lowered the limiter from standard so I was basically short shifting by about 1000rpm. I wouldn't mind running it again now but as it is just a track car I don't want to risk blowing the box or similar...might give in sooon tho lol

Chris

just dont get the red mist and the box will be fine lol, i used to be quite a regular at pod till a few years ago, and thats a pretty nippy time, my old hybrid (the one that Martin bought off me then rolled at Anglesea) ran 14.0 @ 99 and your nearly matching that so thats bloody good going