ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup upgrades where to go next

clio 172 cup
ive recently bought a 172 cup it has few modifications, its got 4-2-1, piper vipercross induction, apparentlly its had cams and a remap done by ktec, is there anyway i could check this, and if this was true what performance mods should i be looking at next to increase power,..........................also i have a cold air feed fitted into my bottom grill and the induction kit is a sealed unit would anyone recommend i put a few pinholes to drain any water if any goes in?

ITB'd MK1
I'd get back down to k-tec for a custom map. Unless your car was done recently it will be a generic map for the cams, so a compromise. They've only had in-house custom mapping facilities for a short while now but seeing big improvements on their and other peoples previous off the shelf maps.

Check to see if it's had inlet manifold matching done, and if not do this before re-mapping to get the best result

Apart from that you're about at the limit without taking a fairly large step up to ITBs or similar

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
as far as cams and remap by ktec, you should be able to phone them up and give your registration, they should then be able to tell you what work that particular car has had done.